Airfix 1:72 Hawker Hurricane ragwing

Finally, an aircraft completion in 2017. Quite a few reaching the finish line in the next few weeks, reflecting a mojo restoration that seemingly was a long time coming. 

This is the new-tool Airfix Hurricane, of course. I've built a few of these now. It is a good, well-fitting kit. The captured German markings came from Kora 72-188. This Hurricane was captured at a French airfield and sent to Rechlin for evaluation. It ended up with I/JFS2, a flight school at the Anhalt field. I was not at all happy with the mottling, but until I get a new compressor with a pressure regulator, it is what it is. Do be aware that if you use the Kora sheet, that the individual decals need to be cut out, since it has an overall carrier film. 

This is completed aircraft #468 (1 aircraft, 0 ordnance, 1 vehicle for the year), completed in April of 2017. 

DSC_0683_zpseoc6mvcz.jpg

DSC_0684_zps04ncqwg3.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, IanC said:

Nice model of an unusual subject.

Shouldn't it have yellow undersides?

I think it did for a while, probably while it was at Rechlin. The decal instructions don't show it with yellow, so I'm assuming (always dangerous in this biz) that when it transferred over to the flight school at Anhalt they put it back in overall RLM76. At least that's my story...