Handley Page Harrow - Night Fighter?

Reasonably happy with the way this one has turned out,  black does hide a multitude of sins :-).  This aircraft was used on the "Mutton" operations to drop LAMs (Long  Aerial  Mines) on the German bomber streams. (http://codenames.info/operation/mutton-i/)

The kit itself goes together very well (not like their Hampden!) the only problem really is the brittle plastic which makes the wheel struts a nightmare to work with.  If I had any I would have replaced it with some aerofoil strut. The real aircraft probably did not carry any guns in the turrets, but I left mine in.  

The decals are rather resistant to setting agents.  I had to reduce the size of the mouth, its far to long.  Even now it is still to long, it should stop before the eyes in the one photo I have seen of the aircraft.  I replaced the markings on the fins as the kit ones were far to big.  

Comments/questions welcome.

Tim

_IMG0512_zps1hchtxkj.jpg

_IMG0513_zpsonryzaop.jpg

_IMG0516_zpsdfcomekq.jpg

_IMG0510_zps1rqwhxte.jpg

_IMG0508_zps6w8dspgv.jpg

_IMG0507_zpsl4tayqtq.jpg

_IMG0506_zpsfp4gzdoo.jpg

_IMG0503_zpsl3alhpe8.jpg

• Like 43

Nice effort Tim. What was the fit of the clear parts like? I know that on some Valom releases they are less than stellar.

Martian

7 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Nice effort Tim. What was the fit of the clear parts like? I know that on some Valom releases they are less than stellar.

Martian

On this kit the clear parts fit perfectly.  Meant I could paint them separately and glue them on right at the end (in fact there is no glue holding the  cockpit in place) 

Tim

Edited by Fishbed

Never seen a Harrow built before, nor have I seen many photos of it, come to think of it.

You've managed to do a good job with the painting, as it is do easy to produce something looking like a lump of coal with wings!

Congrats!

JR