Spitfire Mk.VIII insignias question

Marcel

I came across a nice photo of a No. 326  (French) squadron Spitfire VIII based at Dijon-Longvic in September 1944:

LV751quotCorsequot%20kopie_zpszhdw0apj.j

The plane seems to sport the Day Fighter Scheme including the "Sky" fuselage band. I would say the yellow wing leading edges were painted as well - what do you think?

And the insignias: there is no white circle in the upper wing roundel(s) so the RAF roundels were retained. Because the dull red center seems to be darker than the blue circle the colours of the fuselage roundel and the fin flash seem to be reversed to represent a French plane - would you agree? And then what about the wing undersurface - RAF roundels or the French ones? A painting from a French magazine shows French but you know, it’s just the painter’s imagination...

spitLV751_zps6xqqcqgh.jpg

I agree with your logic, and would expect to see Yellow leading edges on a fighter with the Sky trim.  However, the Ocean Grey is showing as rather faded.  This may be something rather common or perhaps something due to a bias in the film where the blue in the colour shows much lighter than we'd expect.  Possibly a combination of both.

There's something funny going on with the fuselage roundel- note how pale the center is compared to either color on the upper wing AND fin flash, and also looks decidedly non-round.  Though I hate to invoke the suspicion, is it possible that someone's doctored the dot?

5 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

There's something funny going on with the fuselage roundel- note how pale the center is compared to either color on the upper wing AND fin flash, and also looks decidedly non-round.  Though I hate to invoke the suspicion, is it possible that someone's doctored the dot?

Definitely not me :D however it would be a 1-minute trick with a Photoshop. Maybe repainted with a brush?