SU-24 MR 1/72

Linus

Hello folks,

Ultimately, Trumpeter has a catalog, a new kit about SU-24 MR 1/72, I have a Zvezda what do you think? Both have errors, easily correctable. But to me it looks better the quality / price zvezda. The panels are engraved, and the shape looks pretty good. The interior, I replace with Neomega or Pavla, also the decals Begemot or Authentic. Look forward to your comments, thank you in advance.

Cheers Linus

The Zvezda kit is a reissue of one of three Dragon kits released in the early 1990s based around a set of shared parts with additional variant specific details as required and of which Italeri , Bilek , Zvezda and Revell have all released one or more since although some of those including Zvezda and Revell also included sprues from one of the Russian weapons sets that Dragon released at the same time and marketed separately.     When first released the Dragon kits were quite expensive for their time and those that were later re-boxed by other manufacturers were usually cheaper although that advantage is probably no longer valid.

I have examples from several of the different manufacturers listed above but the only one I have actually built was the Italeri Fencer C which went together well , had reasonable cockpit detail for the 1990s which would probably be considered a bit sparse today and lacked the additional weaponry.     My overall opinion once it was finished was that it looked a bit too boxy with maybe far more straight surfaces and right-angles than displayed by the original.

I have no idea how the Dragon based kits compare with the Trumpeter but for many years the definitive 1/72 Fencer for shape at least was said to be that by a firm from Ukraine often referred to as 'STREEM' which was available for a very short time in the early 2000s.

• Like 2

Depends on what you want. The Trumpy Kit seems to resemble the Streem kit to some degree. Having said that, they are both not the easiest builds. The Trumpy kit 's fit is not the best in places-particularly the front windshield. I actually decided I have better things to do with my life, and put a quarter built MR back in it's box months ago and haven't touched it since. Giving the kit it's due-it is a more accurate model than the Dragon/Zvezda/Revell. Now if you want a kit that goes together really well, doesn't fight you at every step, and is a passable replica of the Su-24 (biggest error, IMO, is the main wings are level when looked at from the front of the model, they should actually droop down.) then the Dragon/Zvezda/Revell is the way to go. I built these kits over 20 years ago-word on the street is buy the Zvezda-it has the best decals.

• Like 2