AMX-30D Armoured Recovery

Julien

With the arrival of new AMX30 kits and revised interest in the subject, hopefully someone will.  It's importance as a major Cold War MBT is overlooked.  

I really like the EBG combat engineer version.  Some of these carried the Israeli Carpet launcher on the back.  Am I right in thinking that some disarmed gun tanks were converted into minefield breachers with mine ploughs and ERA all over the turret? This seems to me like very fertile conversion kit or complete kit ground.

I believe that Gaso.line did full kits of both the D and EBG in 1/48.

Yes some of the EBG had the turret decomissioned and the mine clearing system added, this image is from my review of the AMX-30 Family book,

f05.jpg

It was the Brenus which got the ERA. As for kits the Meng AMX-30 is a nice kit, the Tigermodels AMX-30 Brenus is also very nice.

Julien

4 hours ago, Julien said:

Does anyone do this as a kit or a conversion for an existing kit in 1.35?

Julien

I believe that Azimut had at some time a whole resin kit, or a conversion, I don't remember exactly.

It was way before Meng and Tiger released their 30s.

I'm pretty sure that today nobody will take the risk to release a conversion, as the possibility of a brand new kit from those mainstream companies is quite high. Beside, a conversion set would certainly comes with a high price, due to the big differences between a B/B2 and a D.

51 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

With the arrival of new AMX30 kits and revised interest in the subject, hopefully someone will.  It's importance as a major Cold War MBT is overlooked.  

I really like the EBG combat engineer version.  Some of these carried the Israeli Carpet launcher on the back.  Am I right in thinking that some disarmed gun tanks were converted into minefield breachers with mine ploughs and ERA all over the turret? This seems to me like very fertile conversion kit or complete kit ground.

I believe that Gaso.line did full kits of both the D and EBG in 1/48.

The very first minefield breacher conversion was done as a scratch program during Desert Shield/Desert Storm, with AMX-30B fitted with a KMT set, coming from ex-DDR stocks via Germany. Later came more conversions, with a better and more complete design.

7 minutes ago, Antoine said:

I believe that Azimut had at some time a whole resin kit, or a conversion, I don't remember exactly.

It was way before Meng and Tiger released their 30s.

I'm pretty sure that today nobody will take the risk to release a conversion, as the possibility of a brand new kit from those mainstream companies is quite high. Beside, a conversion set would certainly comes with a high price, due to the big differences between a B/B2 and a D.

Yes they did, have found it now.

191620-12913-85-pristine.jpg

Now where to find one of those!

Hello,

as you found it, the AMX-30D can be built from the Heller's kit with the Azimut conversion ... I have it in my stash and I can say that's not a newbie project, many resin parts and very detailed but probably some work to perfectly adapt the conversion to Heller's lower hull.

Don't know when I'll begin that project, but it will probably be a long process ...

E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 2

Have looked around and cant seem to find the conversion anywhere, but you never know. Still it gave me a reason to buy another AMX-30 just in case :wicked:

• Like 1

There you go.

But be advised that Azimut is not really tight on order delivery schedule, it could take days, weeks, or even months, depending on the availability of the kit.

I'm no more working in Paris, otherwise I'd get the kit for you, as going straight to the shop is much better.

If you really want this conversion from them, mail them before, and ask for the availability, then for the time needed for shipment door to door.

29 minutes ago, Antoine said:

There you go.

But be advised that Azimut is not really tight on order delivery schedule, it could take days, weeks, or even months, depending on the availability of the kit.

I'm no more working in Paris, otherwise I'd get the kit for you, as going straight to the shop is much better.

If you really want this conversion from them, mail them before, and ask for the availability, then for the time needed for shipment door to door.

Thanks, I did look on their site but could not find it?

I have sent them a mail as it will not allow me on the website to put in an address outside of France to register, or deliver to?

34 minutes ago, Antoine said:

Just fill your basket, then continue up to the checkout, you'll then have the opportunity to create an account.

Yes I did that and when the address comes up it only give you the option of France, no other country?

Edit: now found where I am going wrong.