Modern U.S. Tankers

GazB

So I received the Academy M1A2 TUSK last year, asking for it in part because I spotted the Miniart Modern U.S. Army Tank Crew set. Unfortunately, that set is still listed as 'Coming Soon' even when a new one, the USMC crew set, seems to have been simultaneously announced and released ><

min37008.jpg

As I understand it, the Marine and Army crew uniforms are quite different, so you couldn't pass one off as the other. What is particularly frustrating is I always make the Army version (seem to have more gadgets on them), but all the modern tanker figures seem to be Marines, and for some reason Miniart is delaying the Army set for who knows how long.

Does anyone know if Army tankers ever wore a one-piece uniform like this in the modern era, or are they completely wrong for an Army vehicle?

Appreciate any assistance on this (and hurry up Miniart!) :)

Gaz

2 hours ago, magman2 said:

creative models, Now  have the miniart USMC tank crew ln stock.

Oh, it wasn't the availability that was the problem. The unfortunate thing is none of these sets are suitable for a U.S. Army tank, just Marine ones :(

Gaz

I haven't been in a tank, but the Bradley's don't have A/C and the air temp in Iraq is almost always over 100° so it's torture being in them.  For the driver it's worse because the only thing that separates him from the engine is a 1/8" piece of aluminum.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crushkill said:

I haven't been in a tank, but the Bradley's don't have A/C and the air temp in Iraq is almost always over 100° so it's torture being in them.  For the driver it's worse because the only thing that separates him from the engine is a 1/8" piece of aluminum.  

Yikes O_O

Though when I built my Meng Bradley, thinking back that makes sense. Very surprised they didn't equip them with A/C, though, especially in the newer models.

Gaz

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 1:49 PM, GazB said:

Yikes O_O

Though when I built my Meng Bradley, thinking back that makes sense. Very surprised they didn't equip them with A/C, though, especially in the newer models.

Gaz

The BUSK III kit has a sort of AC, it's a liquid cooled vest that'll give you hypothermia if it's worn on bare skin, but I've never been lucky enough to have it.  Some of my buddies did and swear it's amazing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crushkill said:

The BUSK III kit has a sort of AC, it's a liquid cooled vest that'll give you hypothermia if it's worn on bare skin, but I've never been lucky enough to have it.  Some of my buddies did and swear it's amazing 

I could use one of those right now, lol. Sitting by the window with the sun blazing in :P

Gaz

• Like 1