Revell/Italeri 1/72 Airspeed Horsa

14 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Did you get it finished in the end @Dazzio? I started my Dakota and Horsa builds during the wintery weather this year and am at the detailing stage of both

Howdy @LostCosmonauts, truth be told - no I didn't.  At least not yet anyhow.  I have painted her and decaled her.  I need to find the wheels for it as they where packed away when I moved house.  But she is close to completion.  Not 100% on the top wing roundels from Hannants decal sheet however (see below).

39600745345_c7e01d0731_b.jpg

Not perfect by any means but it'll do for a piece that will probably end up damaged.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

Good luck. That decal really brings it to life. All credit to your temperament for putting such nice models in harms way and being prepared to let them get damaged to help kids appreciate history. When I was 8 we did a project at school on space & I took in the Airfix 1/144 Apollo rocket my Dad had made for me. Before I took it home again one of the kids jabbed a colouring pencil clean through the body of it. I can still get annoyed thinking about that 34 years later. 

Had a quiet hour or two last night to potter so mine are 99% there. Just the kit decals but touching up the lettering on the Dakota as they were some kind of pointillist mess

41491817822_73edf05f83_b.jpg

Despite filling the nose and floor with airgun pellets the Horsa is a tail sitter for me

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Evening everyone,

Hope everyone has had a good weekend?  Well I have gotten to the stage where I am happy with the Horsa.  I will not bother with an RFI as there are too many errors with the kit.  I will do another one at a later date with all the information I have generiously been given in this thread.  Pictures below.

41953009461_9418c3acf5_b.jpg

27084380887_da90f23e2a_b.jpg

41908882322_44cd4c383b_b.jpg

41953003061_ef44517f2a_b.jpg

41953002891_aa3d078a13_b.jpg

41953002731_ce5684719e_b.jpg

That last one is my fav, I love that decal - as LostCosmonuts has said, it really does bring it to live.  @LostCosmonauts Wow I love your Dakota and Horsa!  Very cool there.  I do have a Dakota to build at some time.  However I have a few to get finished yet.  As can be seen, I didn't put any of the pokey out bits as I know they will get broken off.  Which is cool, makes my job a little easier.  Well 2 hours after taking these photos, my girlfriend moved the model from the kitchen table and dropped it.  She smashed the nose clean off... it's repairable, but she knows she is in the dog house.  Stilll not 100% sure on those roundels...

Thank you one and all for putting up with this for so long.  Hope you all like it!

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 5