1/48 Kitty Hawk Sukhoi Su-17 Fitter ***FINISHED***

Muzz

31 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

Wow, what a progress :clap2: And very nice looking too. The stencils look great on the model and a worth while effort to cobble them together :thumbsup:

Did you paint the whole model with Hataka paint or used some other brand at the end? And how did you glue the wings to the fuselage (what type of glue)?

And one more question. The silver around the wing gun, did you painted that before painting the camouflage or after?

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for the comments. The Hataka paints were most definitely ditched, I ended up washing the wing sections in warm soapy water and scrubbing with a toothbrush which removed the stickiness and I painted over with Mr Hobby Color paints. 

The wings actually still aren't glued, the fit into the fuselage slots is perfect and it would be possible to leave it like that for the wings to be removed for transport etc. The whole end of the wing sections fits inside the fuselage slots leaving no gap and natural looking invisible join.

The NMF around the fuselage next to the gun ports was masked off after the painting and decaling, there is a recessed panel line which I just followed with a sharp blade cutting out a mask and painted with Mr Metal Color Chrome buffable paint. The wing sections were done with AK Metals Chrome, the buffable paint definitely gives the better finish though.

Muzz

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy doing bits and bobs with this but nothing really worth showing. Nearly finished and working on the underwing stores.

20170806_115910_edit_1502042625482.jpg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Silver/metal colour finish is very realistic, how did you achieve that? Cheers 

Thanks, it's Mr Metal Color buffable paints sprayed with airbrush and buffed up with a soft cloth, they do give a nice finish.

http://buygunpla.com/sites/default/files/shopify_images/mc211_20chrome_20silver1.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muzz said:

Thanks, it's Mr Metal Color buffable paints sprayed with airbrush and buffed up with a soft cloth, they do give a nice finish.

http://buygunpla.com/sites/default/files/shopify_images/mc211_20chrome_20silver1.jpg

Cheers Muzz, would that brush paint you think?😬

40 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Cheers Muzz, would that brush paint you think?😬

Yes, I've brushed it on before, its very thin but covers pretty well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...