FLICKER PHOTOS

Well my frustration has about hit its max. Prior to the new update on the forum sites, everything worked perfect. Every time I try to download pictures I simply am left with the URL link. I'm beginning to lose interest altogether. If someone has a answer can you please walk me through it. I rarely use a desktop anymore and I would think lots of people are using mobile devices..I'm not the most tech savvy person, but if someone can show me how to download photos via a mobile device(iphone6) I would greatly appreciate it

thanks

dave

I am pretty rubbish with tech also.

When I post flickr pictures with my desktop all I do is the following.

Use google as browser not microsoft explorer.

Go to Britmodeller, reply to topic.

Click the link button (8th from left)

Next to go on to flickr.

Find picture.

Click the share arrow.

Click bb code and drag the link across to the britmodeller window.

I don't have an internet phone, so don't know how they work.

im not sure what you mean. When I go to my FLICKER album on my iPhone, I clicked on the photos then hit the COPY URL but when I try to paste it on the BM thread it says that there is no image on the URL. I'm sure it easy to do on a desk top but I'm doing this on my phone. I never had a issue until BM changed their format.. 

You don't click on the photos directly. Look for the 'Share' arrow and click on that and a piece of code will appear, then copy that and paste it onto the page. Should be the same on the phone, although I haven't tried it.

20170227_105713

Use the Flickr app. ^ it seems to work.

Under the photo you'll see the Share symbol (three circles connected by a line). Click that, choose 'Copy URL', then come back here and Paste the clipboard to the post. Easy. (This was done via my Android phone, but even iPhones can't be that different).

If needed, I can share some screenshots (and possibly borrow an old iPhone to see what the issue is).

mine doesn't have the that symbol. Mine has a arrow that you can click on and you can copy the URL.. once I try to paste it on the b/m forum, it says that there is no image connected to that URL.. At this point I have pretty much gave up on it.. 

thanks anyways guys..

dave

Yes, I have the app on my phone. Prior to BM changing their format, I use to use Photobucket and never had s problem. I was told to try FLICKER but no luck. I haven't posted any WIP or RFI in over 6 months. I figured I would give it another shot..

Actually, it's probably Apple (I'd express my thoughts more fully, but Mike the boss has firm opinions about profanity. Suffice to say that Apple sucks (fill in with expletive of choice.))

This used to be my phone, and it's now my brother's. As a consequence, things are a little muddled (he's not tech savvy at all). I'm having to clear a lot of junk out before I can add Flickr, and iTunes is being its usual less-than-cooperative self. I'll PM you when (if??) I ever get this mess sorted out.

• Like 1

I have abandoned Photobucket because the current version is unusable. I am trying to use Google Photo. Please tell me if you can see the following photo of a landing gear. First I tried using their 'share' button, but that does not work. So I right clicked on my photo of the landing gear and clicked on 'copy'. Then I came to this webpage and clicked on 'paste'.

9ZAghZJbEWwZkMrBBhFmDKdJ3tgfwxZKsz2lJRD8nhBtDP5aSeijIuwGtN7AlPMlQNGjQqM8GIA72kdPiFdcS6Czt0iwhLsiarDSzcIlJKP1m2S5El4ARmsKr2IGHRpm6J1CCRojsfbzoXYfOijbf1ztv7U3BnIenLIof1j0LzZmRQIVzIR6YFyX7gUPpamlcbtZ3gr7Oq8n3JOWqGEUg7YWwNVsDsLCkUS36kMTuDzRgKyR0J6VKYRe7-AYpWcO5388NYxutxWbfBysGavw_24nukH2h8yyB-T8nyNT40XJvB9d2xt8e67e2ad0QrOp5LWU67s5v2lsmfqvN5ChN7ZGttBUatH9BX57NGnGFoxp6ouvy4DikUKWR3y5yXrpqIf0A2jOUqtecbX-21A0j_kYtzA4Z_o4gjr6U5Rf-SRsIMjC6aIi3ZsLlHavak5dtTKOCaV9PPVQLwgbvkl7chhBW-MKW3Gh2kcz2Uc2Qt3mI3kODekxs9E-Ynk4lA99Xt63igd1yNh965PExmjzCKUGPB56jCPHSbK2lumaui79MQtmpSGvgvPvbKNJXU9u_--HQE8-1ytA6jdRmqEqzVAgFElBrZ-EEXiEITxo1WY0lyPoCnk=w1240-h930-no