fewr9fkr9595

Brilliant!! Great work a truly invaluable resource, bookmarked 

i only have Vallejo emerald and some of the newer stuff is more blue like your mix

• Like 1

I'm more than happy with the AKAN shade that I've got.  It seems to gel with all the photos I've seen, and I try not to sweat the colours too much, due to the various external factors at play, including lighting, sun damage, cleaning residues, etc., and would never think to check a Munsell value, even if I knew how ^_^

mig-31bm-10.jpg

plug plug! :lol:

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I try not to sweat the colours too much

Me too :phew:

Hopefully this will save people from sweating themselves, as they can see all these shades together here and then either buy or mix the one that they like best :laugh:

11 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm more than happy with the AKAN shade that I've got.  It seems to gel with all the photos I've seen, and I try not to sweat the colours too much, due to the various external factors at play, including lighting, sun damage, cleaning residues, etc., and would never think to check a Munsell value, even if I knew how ^_^

mig-31bm-10.jpg

plug plug! :lol:

Cracking 31 that has the wow factor 

5 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Me too :phew:

Hopefully this will save people from sweating themselves, as they can see all these shades together here and then either buy or mix the one that they like best :laugh:

I do sweat on every colour it's ridiculous but this post makes my heart beat a little slower and it's good to see them all in one place and then make an informed choice before purchasing...rather than buying them all then sweating in case the wife finds out it's not paint for the bathroom, it's £45 for 6 tins of the same paint for one tiny specific component and 5 tins are wrong and only one just matches...you see, sweating on colours is a big deal lol..I hope I grow out of it, but it's nice to be accurate or at least have background to your choice...and now I have one...can blame Tony if it's wrong hahaha. Joke, super research work, very much and highly appreciated...

it can take weeks away from the bench for me to research and finally pick and purchase a paint

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your time and effort in creating this thread, Tony.

I have several of the paints you've used but am yet to do this sort of comparison - it's great to be able to look at those colours on your palette and read your impressions of each (that you have tested so many and made custom mixes are also greatly appreciated!) - it makes for a wonderful resource.

Please feel free to replicate your experimentation with other colours as you see fit - cough >Dark Slate Grey< cough...

Andrew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Please feel free to replicate your experimentation with other colours as you see fit - Dark Slate Grey

Ha! Unfortunately that is one colour I don't have a single jar/bottle of or nor the kits on which it would belong... Sorry mate.

I did however do something similar at the start of my tomcat saga ref USN greys but was on an old bomber fuselage half. So I guess I should redo it like it is here on a bit of card. Speaking of which I need to resurrect that thread because currently busy messing about with day fighter schemes on spitfires (no palette their either there just the planes themselves)

Anyways thanks for the appreciation Andrew 👍🏿

• 10 months later...

Excellent work, Tony! Thank you indeed! I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to paint the interiors on some post-war Soviet aircraft such as a couple of Tu-95s, a Tu-22M Backfire, and a Be-10, so this is very timely. I've used the Model Master paint in the past, and as Model Master paints work well with my airbrush (a Badger 150), I'll probably continue to use it, but it's nice to see alternative colours/variations, and to see how it compares with them and of course with photographs. Are you going to post any photographs on this thread for comparison with these paints? That would be nice, but perhaps above the call of duty. Now the question becomes - what's the grey that appears with this Soviet turquoise/emerald colour? I'm afraid my knowledge of Soviet colours is distinctly tilted towards the Second World War.

Best Regards,

Jason

On 23/03/2018 at 16:29, Learstang said:

Are you going to post any photographs on this thread for comparison with these paints? That would be nice, but perhaps above the call of duty.

Too right mate. 

I don’t have the time nor copyright to be finding & posting loads of pics to match the paint samples...

The idea behind this was to help people choose one before buying, which to them looks correct or matches their own reference picture of the specific plane they are building. 

I need to update this as there are a couple more colours now available - xtracolour enamel and mission models acrylic. I have the former, but not the latter. Yet. 

Tony

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Too right mate. 

I don’t have the time nor copyright to be finding & posting loads of pics to match the paint samples...

The idea behind this was to help people choose one before buying, which to them looks correct or matches their own reference picture of the specific plane they are building. 

I need to update this as there are a couple more colours now available - xtracolour enamel and mission models acrylic. I have the former, but not the latter. Yet. 

Tony

Tony, next time you order from me I’ll stick in the Russian cockpit colour in gratis for you if you are going to ‘review’ it. 

Duncan B

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I'll scoot you some of our recently revised ACSM07 next opportunity Tony. Stew Dapple reckons it's a vile colour, which coming from a man who'd like to decorate his house in Eau de Nil I think is a bit rich really :lol:

That is a cruel misrepresentation; I don't mind the interior colour at all, it's that puke-green wheel hub colour beloved by the Soviets that I find objectionable.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 26/03/2018 at 15:05, Duncan B said:

Tony, next time you order from me I’ll stick in the Russian cockpit colour in gratis for you if you are going to ‘review’ it. 

Duncan B

1/48 ZM Ho-229 Purchased. 

The things we do to get free stuff :D 

Having it sent to work though...

Cheers, Tony. 

• Like 1

You wouldn't have any Vallejo 70.840 Light Turquoise squirrelled away would you Tony? I've seen that suggested somewhere & would like to see it painted against the others. Vallejo is probably 2nd to Humbrol for availability out here. :)

Steve

1 hour ago, Tony Oliver said:

1/48 ZM Ho-229 Purchased. 

The things we do to get free stuff :D 

Having it sent to work though...

Cheers, Tony. 

Cheers Tony, the paint will be in the box. Will be posted out tomorrow morning. 

DB

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

You wouldn't have any Vallejo 70.840 Light Turquoise squirrelled away would you Tony? I've seen that suggested somewhere & would like to see it painted against the others. Vallejo is probably 2nd to Humbrol for availability out here. :)

Steve

No but I could probably get hold of some mate. Watch this space. 

• Thanks 1

Palette updated guys. 

4 new shades added! 

Vallejo 840 as asked for by @stevehnz

MMP-096 - kindly donated by @Duncan B

Then Revell 365 patina green as recommended in their 1/48 icm rebox of the mig 25.

Last one is good old xtracolour enamel. 

Next two I need to get is the colourcoats enamel shade and Mission models mmp-100 emerald. 

I dont think there are any others out there? Will be out of space on the card anyways... 🤔

Again thanks for looking and hope this is usefull 👍

Hi Tony, thanks for doing that, i reckon i owe you a beer for that ,even though as you say, too blue, nothing like their online colour chip, reckon its a mix job though I don;t mind the Revell 55, your mix of vallejo 808 & 838 would look pretty good too, very close to the Akan shade.

Steve.

• Like 1