Millennium Falcon by DeAgostini 1/32 Studio replica

2 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Images aren't working - I get "too many redirects" - think its a problem with photobox

Hmmm - that's strange - its working my end - here you go just in case - Photobucket seems ok though

DSCF6692_zpsrs5jdmrx.jpg

DSCF6693_zps36x67zfm.jpg

DSCF6695_zpsldkxs9ja.jpg

DSCF6696_zps1v69vjol.jpg

DSCF6697_zpss6z8iibg.jpg

DSCF6699_zpsufyjlczy.jpg

catch you tomorrow - John

• Like 1

IPMS Salisbury show on Saturday then a good day tinkering in the Man Cave on Sunday - here's the update - I'm looking forward to loosing all the sharp mask lines once the weathering process is started later this week - its a bit too hygienically clean for my likings at the moment.

DSCF6700_zpszj5xc4wo.jpg

DSCF6701_zpslll8kigc.jpg

DSCF6702_zpsmzaduikx.jpg

DSCF6703_zps0vxlhune.jpg

DSCF6704_zpseo4398pp.jpg

DSCF6705_zpsykft07uv.jpg

DSCF6706_zpse4wyp8ip.jpg

• Like 6

Big lessons get learned on big kits

A - Mistakes are more noticeable

B - Big kits = detail is more demanding

C - Big kits mean you run out of materials quicker

A, B and C have all be faced this week - the size of this kit means there's no room for error, it takes no prisoners when a mistake is made due to sheer size of the kit and this big lump of plastic is burning money in materials. These shots are not the most recent - I have managed to tone it down a little before adding a Flory wash (that cost me £40 of new materials to prepare for) but these are the latest from the camera memory card - more to follow in a day or so.

Thanks for following - I'm beginning to wonder if I should have stuck with DeAgostini's factory paint job and just call it all their own work rather than attempt my own version of the Falcon.

DSCF6709_zpszrtve85q.jpg

DSCF6708_zpsr4s4lrl7.jpg

DSCF6707_zpsbbykrj4v.jpg

John

• Like 5

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:41 AM, Screech said:

Incredible Build!  I only heard about this kit, but had no idea what it encompassed.  What is the cost of it, if I may ask?

Hi Screetch

Its a 100 editions at about £36 per month - a good investment by my standards as the build process and quality is a match to most modelling vendors and the detail second to none having seen the real studio model on display at the O2 in London earlier this year - DeAgostini have done a great job and justify the price.

I got lucky getting editions 1-80 on the cheap from somebody who was secretly subscribed and found out by his wife who told to sell or die. My last 20 issues were put on subscription with DeAgostini but rather than wait 5 months, a kind friend of IPMS Farnborough leant me his last 20 copies up-front enabling me to do an almost straight run from 1-100

John

• Like 1

ITS FINNISHED !

28 hours over the weekend to get to this - I'll stick in the RFI section on the forum once I have some better pics

received_10213325015028961%20002_zpsegyl

received_10213325015948984%20002_zpsncbg

received_10213325014068937%20002_zpsgynb

Thanks very much to those that followed the build - 3 months of enjoyment and its great to have both sides of my workshop benches clear again.

John

• Like 10

• 5 weeks later...

I am collecting parts for this. At the moment I am doing projects that will hopefully make me better with an airbrush. Very interested in what you doing.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:45 AM, viz said:

I am collecting parts for this. At the moment I am doing projects that will hopefully make me better with an airbrush. Very interested in what you doing.

Thanks Viz - she's over on the Ready for Inspection pages - I really enjoyed this build but will leave it as a 1 off - I'm from the Dark Side and prefer Imperialistic darker things like Death Stars ...

• 2 months later...

Based on your thread Gimme Shelter I have just signed up for the subscription so only a couple of years to go before I'm at this stage!!

Couldn't find the buy it all now button which in some respects is probably a blessing.

Great build and excellent repaint. 

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, Madmonk said:

Based on your thread Gimme Shelter I have just signed up for the subscription so only a couple of years to go before I'm at this stage!!

Couldn't find the buy it all now button which in some respects is probably a blessing.

Great build and excellent repaint. 

cheers Madmonk - my Falcon has been banished to the Garage unless she goes to a show - its a B I G kit

Hope you enjoy your build - I'd suggest you leave it until you have at least the first 50 editions as they build up pretty quick once you get into the swing of things - PM me if you want any spare screws as I saved a load from my kit

John

• Like 1