Classic Fighters Airshow, Omaka, Easter Weekend

nuuumannn

Hi Guys, last weekend was the Classic Fighters Airshow at Omaka, Blenheim, New Zealand. Despite the worst weather to hit New Zealand, swamping some towns under water, the airshow went ahead and was blessed with blue skies at times. The organisers were very lucky and its a credit to them and everyone involved that it went off as smoothly as it did. Here are a few images and a link to an album.

Camel%20iii_zpslbqqjg7e.jpg

Comper_zpsxqsjewea.jpg

Seasprite_zpsvn1obtia.jpg

Spit%20XIV%20i_zpszgugzwie.jpg

Kittyhawk_zps0kjuuqxd.jpg

Steadfast%20ii_zps0grupmak.jpg

NZ1015%20ii_zpslssdo2t9.jpg

Pfalz%20ii_zps8kxfcqvb.jpg

Corsair%20iiiiii_zps4brkffgc.jpg

Roaring%2040s%20iii_zps0oais1vk.jpg

Link to my Flickr album.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskTnQduh

Enjoy.

Edited by nuuumannn
  • Like 6

Great to see the images.

I spent a couple of years planning and couple of thousand dollars on tickets for my trip to Omaka with my wife. We got to Wellington for a couple of days' holiday and turned up at the airport on Thursday to fly across, booked luggage through, sat in lounge. . . flight cancelled! Waited to get luggage back, stood in queue for an hour. .  all flights cancelled and those on Friday and Saturday booked out. .  ditto Sunday until 10am. ... Ferry across also cancelled. .  Cyclone Cook had come down from Fiji and Cyclone Deb had come across the Tasman and made conditions across the Strait difficult. Oh Bugger!! Short story - spent a pleasant enough extra four days in Wellington - done the place now - will try again in two years, this time coming into Christchurch so that at least I'll be on the right island!!

Thanks Martin.

Horatio, you were on the wrong Island! I hope you made the most of your extended stay in Wgtn. The Dominion Museum and its WW1 exhibition is a must, also Weta Workshop run tours of their facility, but you have to book in advance - that is, if you are interested in movie models and special effects.

Yep, Steve, at 95 on the gate it is getting up there. That and the weather the week before would have kept people away for sure. Haven't heard what the numbers were.

Have fixed the link to my albums on the post above. Minor glitch.

• Like 1