Su-9u maiden 1/48

Hewy

I'm going to build the su-9u maiden ,its a simple kit only around 120 parts I'll be building it with the canopy closed, pilots on board, wheels half in half out, in a landing - taking off senario ,bmf obviously I've had a little dry fit to see if theres any potential problems,but none to report it looks like a bmf will be ok,cheers

Glynn

20170422_125441_zpsfxsid9w6.jpg

20170424_212644_zps8tcnasqd.jpg

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Oooh, I'm in!

All the makings of another stunner Glynn, I look forward to seeing this one very much.

It's a lot simpler than the yak 28 ,details are nice, good fit,what can go wrong;),i need somthing to take my mind off that blasted hobby boss mare, hopfully this should fall together, famous last words,cheers craig

• Like 1

I just built the Trumpeter Su-11, so you are in for a good build. Sometimes simple and straightforward is good. My BMF finish is a coat of Tamiya AS-12 from the spray-can and , after drying and masking a few panels, a coat of TS-17....simple and effective!

• Like 1

Just now, PlaStix said:

Looking forward to seeing this one in progress and I like the sound of your idea for the presentation. :thumbsup: :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers stix,  I'm  running out of space you see till i have a rearrangement of the modelling pen ,its going up on the ceiling, like the good old days,you know when we were kids, no cares in the world ,pocket money spent on models :P,basically the same as now but with bills:blink: 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RODH2 said:

I just built the Trumpeter Su-11, so you are in for a good build. Sometimes simple and straightforward is good. My BMF finish is a coat of Tamiya AS-12 from the spray-can and , after drying and masking a few panels, a coat of TS-17....simple and effective!

Cheers rod, the ugly twin cockpit drew me to this one ,the kits canopy looks a real nice molding, did you do a wip or have any pics of the su-11,i did my last build, a yak 28p in bmf ,it was my first in alclad, i enjoyed that, although i was a bit tentative at first, but I'm a bit braver now, so I'm having a second bash at alclad

Edited by Hewy
Spelling
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Hewy said:

It's a lot simpler than the yak 28 ,details are nice, good fit,what can go wrong;),i need somthing to take my mind off that blasted hobby boss mare, hopfully this should fall together, famous last words,cheers craig

The Yak is stuff of legend, hope that is pride of place at Hewy Towers..this one I can't wait to watch either 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

The Yak is stuff of legend, hope that is pride of place at Hewy Towers..this one I can't wait to watch either 

:Dlol ,Sorry valk it's filed away till i sort out my modelling pen,its due a refurb,I'll get the su-9 done and clear the decks first though ,

2 minutes ago, Hewy said:

:Dlol ,Sorry valk it's filed away till i sort out my modelling pen,its due a refurb,I'll get the su-9 done and clear the decks first though ,

😓😥🤧boooooo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

😓😥🤧boooooo

I'll bring her out for the obligatory comparison  shot though with the taped together su-9 tomorrow, just for scale purposes mind,:yes::P

Glynn

1 hour ago, Jabba said:

I have looked at this kit in shops but I have left it on the shelf. I will watch with interest and maybe I will take one from the shop shelf.

Cheers jabba, not a pretty one is she , but quirky enough to catch the eye,from certain angles,and the right light:D,cost me £25 off the bay,

Glynn

Edited by Hewy

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Rare and strange plane! 

Could not get myself yet to stash it ;)

Maybe (fear!) your build changes that....

The only thing to be scared of werner is its uglyness,apparently they only made 50 of them,but they were fully ready to carry weapons, allthough for only training,

Glynn

37 minutes ago, Hewy said:

The only thing to be scared of werner is its uglyness,apparently they only made 50 of them,but they were fully ready to carry weapons, allthough for only training,

Glynn

I have both single seaters (-9 & -11) already in the stash.... that's why the fear! Not another one please... there is also a Su-7 2-seater , very similar , apart from the wing of course, to be released as a conversion based on the KP kit! Here fear on the sense of work involved wpuld be appropriate I guess!!

• Like 1

Due to a painting disaster on another build I've got on the f-111 gb I'll get this underway a bit earlier than planned, ive started with a bit of office work whilst the pilots are on their way from china, also as I'm having the wheels mid way up,or down ive had to shorten the front gear strut by about 4mm,to make it look like it could have come out of the bay, first the adminastrive work,not quite finished,but not a lot to do,

20170503_212106_zpsl4dtoxsd.jpg

20170503_211819_zps4wjmaylo.jpg

Cut the locating lugs off the strut and superglued pins in to make fitting  and plumbing up easier,this photo is pre cut

20170503_201703_zpspc73bugr.jpg

this one has the strut cut down and re attached

20170503_210521_zpskvqj7gny.jpg

And the strut from the other side, this will hopfully pass  from around 5 paces

20170503_213730_zpsysbfmnky.jpg

• Like 8

Cheers stix and craig , this will give me the lift i need till i remove that hataka or should i say "craptaka paint, I'll  carry on with the sukhioi till i get some fairy power spray and give that a go on the 111, still no sign of the chinese twins for the cockpit ,but they have got a long way to come :D

Edited by Hewy
Spelling
  • Like 1

A little bit more on the pit the fronts of the radar on both cockpits are hollow so I've  covered them overwith a bit of plasticard and fitted the cone and engine tube, I'll finish painting the front gear and i can join this up

20170504_190556_zpssrxls3c7.jpg

20170504_193952_zpsbls47jgl.jpg

• Like 2