ITALERI NEW F4 KIT IT2770 may be not old ESCI Kit

I though I would post this on the Aircraft Cold War thread rather than on my thread to get the message accross.

We though this kit may have been the old Esci kit but this may be a brand new F4 kit with light engraved pannel lines.

We sold a few at this week Modelkraft fair and all the buyers thought it was a new kit, once they had inspected the open model.

The Esci kit wasnt bad. The ejector seat and cockpit was/is a bit basic but it went to together well, certainly better than the Monogram kit but the latter kit is better detailed. 

5 minutes ago, Threadbear said:

The Esci kit wasnt bad. The ejector seat and cockpit was/is a bit basic but it went to together well, certainly better than the Monogram kit but the latter kit is better detailed. 

Agree with that, it may not be the preferred choice for lovers of the Phantom but at the right price would be a decent canvas onto which add some good colour scheme and some extra detail.

It's on the Italeri website for €38, is this a good price ? Not sure, the way superior Academy kits (that however don't represent the E variant) can be found for €45-50... true that I'm comparing full RRP with a discounted price, so not a fair comparison, however I feel that this kit would make sense at €25-27, at full RRP it becomes less interesting

There is no way it is worth the price that Hannants are quoting. https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/IT2770 For that price Id be looking at a Hasegawa kit for a F-4E. I appreciate the Hannants price is the distributors quoted price. I think Italeri`s have an over inflated price opinion of their kits. Okay to good but not that good! 

The ESCI F-4C/J kit still is a reasonable kit, lack of detail notwithstanding - had the plethora of after market goodies that are available now were available when it came out it would have been my preferred kit of choice back in the day.

Be careful though of the ESCI 1/72nd long nose Phantom kits, the small intakes on the nose were IIRC, the same as used on the C/J not the more faired in examples applicable to the longer nosed versions.  Italeri got this right on their long nosed Phantom.

1 hour ago, tempestfan said:

I guess it should be possible to obtain the Esci kit in an original or Revell H-2xxx boxing at a much more reasonable price, I don't think it's particularly collectible in either shape. 

Often seen at shows in the original ESCI box too!