Airfix 09180 Buccaneer 1/48 question

mystras

123063-10346-pristine.jpg

Hello to everyone. I would like to ask if the Airfix 09180 boxing of the Buccaneer is the one that includes 2 kits ?

And if yes ,  are there parts for 2 complete kits (canopies, landing gear , etc) ?

Thanks in advance

That looks like the box I got the two complete kits in BUT as far as I recall this was a factory error and might have been corrected at some point.      Model shop where I bought it at the time was of the opinion from what they had been told by the Airfix Rep that it was a short term offer.

The kit was never marketed as "two-in-one" in the way that Eduard have done with their dual combo boxings, although I think mine has both RAF and RN versions in the box).  As Des said this was a packing error and Airfix had to bear the cost (it would probably have cost more to locate, buy back and ship the kits back to Airfix HQ to be properly repackaged and re-distributed than the revenue lost from the "free" kits).

It was an error, as has been said. I have one of those twinpaks, and the lid bulges noticeably. Had they done it on purpose, they certainly would have used larger boxes. And made a feature of the second kit somewhere. 

I had this boxing many years ago and it was a single kit, I later bought a twin kit boxing which was the S2A/B/C boxing with the box art for the RN aircraft. My kit had the bulged bomb bay and flat option.

Muzz