Modelcollect E75-88mm 1/72nd

Stu

Picked this up  at OnTracks from a Dutch dealer who had stock of their kits. As  a marque they seemed quite popular judging by the number left at the end of the day.

Not sure whether these kits rate as mainstream, short run or something in between. It was complete with a small etch and turned barrel, the latter a first for me. Built pretty much OOB apart from replacing the solid moulded grabs with fine wire. Construction was quite straightforward apart from the tracks. The instructions show continuous single piece tracks, like Dragon DS ones but  there were a couple of link and length sprues in the box. The tracks are therefore something of a bodge as the longest lengths appeared to be for a different kit, they were somewhat short for any logical fit. Anyhow done my best with my limited experience.

As it's a what-if the finish is my interpretation of a late war scheme. Finished with Tamiya acrylics and AK washes. I did add a suitably focused commander to give a bit of scale.

Enjoyed building it in spite of the tracks.

A couple of phone camera pics, not sure it's coped well with the bright sunshine.

Cheers

Stu

E75%20-%2088%20b_zpstccvou6a.jpg

E75%20-%2088%20%20a_zpsvuzf2ym8.jpg

• Like 15

Hi,

Thank you those who've taken the time to comment or hit like.

Got a Dragon Tiger 1 to do, lots more bits but would imagine it's a good kit.

One mildly curious thing. I've ended up with pots of both Gunze and Tamiya "dark yellow" and surprised how different they are. Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Stu

Hi Stu. That looks great! Very well done! :thumbsup:

I hadn't heard of Modelcollect until I picked up their T-64 Mod.1972 for the 70s Nato vs Warsaw Pact GB. I thought it was a really nicely detailed kit in 1/72 and it looks like your's was too. My T-64 kit was also supposed to have band tracks but came with link and length ones instead - mine seemed to be the correct ones for the kit though. Having seen your build of this kit I may try and get one of them.

Well done again.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

About dark yellow - I have used to Mig paints, they are usually like should be. Tamiya and Gunze are great, but sometimes you must mix them. Ammo Mig are ready to use, but only on good primer. 

• Like 1