1/72 Early Hawker Typhoon

After spending winter renovating the man cave, I came across my last build that I hadn't posted.

Here is my interpretation of an early Hawker Typhoon in 1/72 using the Bregun kit. It was the first time that I had built anything from this company and so didn't know quite what to expect. A 'limited-run' kit with no location lugs made life a little a different. I'm not a modeler that ends to worry to much about the minutiae of the subject and this case, the model was built mostly OOB with a slight twist, the 'car door' was presented open. The cockpit built-up into a nice little unit and had no real problems with it fitting into the fuselage. It got a bit scary cutting the door out and even more when it came to cutting the side glazing out. The model built up into a nice looking Tiffy, painted using enamel paints and kit decals. Model finished in the scheme and markings of R7635, 266 Sqn in early 1942.

I have more Brengun kits of the typhoon to build but noticed that the 'fish- plates' have not been molded onto any of their later Typhoons so will need to be remedied.

IMG_7554.jpg

IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7556.jpg

Stuart

Edited by Courageous
  • Like 23

Hello Courageous.

Your Typhoon is perhaps beautiful, but your pictures are so tiny that it is impossible (for me) to see anything.

I see that you use postimage and on this site you have the possibility to post yours pictures on Britmodeller, I will say the pictures

themselves, and not only the links pointing to them.

You also have the choice of the size of the pictures.

Please be so kind and use those opportunities; it would be much easier for everybody.

Thanks in advance. Polo.