1/72 Airfix Hurricane Mk1 (ragwing)

My last model for a while quite possibly.  This is #18 for the year.  Built OOB and painted in MM enamels.  All markings are from the kit.  They performed quite nicely and reacted with setting solutions.  A marked improvement over the Provost 'cals.  Recommended.

IMG_2012_zpss8c4wrbm.jpg

IMG_2011_zpspirodzrd.jpg

IMG_2009_zps5kxte5l8.jpg

IMG_2010_zps4j6bkztg.jpg

• Like 33

Very nice work there Les, looks great.   Cheers, Dave

1 hour ago, johnd said:

Although building this kit isn't a lot of fun, the finished article is always worth looking at. Nicely done.

John.

Hah- so it wasn't just me then...

• Like 1

Looks great!

2 hours ago, johnd said:

Although building this kit isn't a lot of fun, the finished article is always worth looking at. Nicely done.

John.

...that's a bit of a worry, as I have one in the stash. What's the problem with it? Assumed, as new(ish) Airfiix, it would be a trouble free build. No??

• Like 1

The only "problem" I encountered was with the u/c.  It was a bit tricky to fit into the space provided.  Every thing else went swimmingly.  Interior fit well as did the wing.  All in all I'd say 9 out of 10, but thats just me.

I like that Les, a nice tidy job & it looks good in that scheme, maybe I need to do one of mine OOB for a change. I hope your break from modelling doesn't carry any sinister overtones, take care.

Steve.

• Like 1

9 out of 10? I really think you're selling yourself short there Les. It's a delightful model and certainly one to be proud of. If he was judging it here, it would be a definite "10 from Len!".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

...that's a bit of a worry, as I have one in the stash. What's the problem with it? Assumed, as new(ish) Airfiix, it would be a trouble free build. No??

As Les pointed out it's not too drastic, but certainly there's more u/c strut than there is space for, and the upper/lower wing fit was a bit tricky on mine- all ended well,but not without a lot of dry fitting and a fair amount of fettling. D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dave N said:

Hah- so it wasn't just me then...

20 hours ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

I had problems with the upper to lower wing fit, wing to fuselage fit, undercarriage assembly and the sliding portion of the canopy standing proud. I would recommend the purchase of an Alley Cat metal wing conversion, build it wheels up and fit an aftermarket canopy (if there is one).

John.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, johnd said:

I had problems with the upper to lower wing fit, wing to fuselage fit, undercarriage assembly and the sliding portion of the canopy standing proud. I would recommend the purchase of an Alley Cat metal wing conversion, build it wheels up and fit an aftermarket canopy (if there is one).

John.

Oh yes nearly forgot, if you want to pose the canopy open you will need a Squadron or Falcon vacform item, and be prepared to shave a little plastic from the area behind the cockpit...

• Like 1