Hope this is a good post area...

RiotRolo

Hi,

I buy most of my modelling things on ebay as I can usually get a bargain and hate the idea of paying full retail for items :D

I was looking through and stumbled on this: 322488070995 which is the ebay item number. I did some counting and reckon this probably cost over £100 when you total in everything. For me, I usually use Mr Hobby Aqueous as I have just started using an airbrush but these paints all look like WW2 related aircraft paints and a lot of them too. 

My question is, how much would be a reasonable amount to pay for these, the ebay ad says a lot are un- opened and the rest are mostly full.

I was thinking I would pay £80 at a most but reckon that is still a good deal + the little plastic tub things are really useful. They also  had a nice eduard and revell spitfire in 1 48 scale which I am thinking about buying!

Let me know what you guys think?

(I didnt know where else to post this so apologies if it does not quite match)

I think it's probably not a good idea to post ebay numbers with your type of enquiry. You have alerted the forum of what seems to be a bargain at the moment. If I was an enamel user I would be bidding against you. 

As an avid haggler, I would look at maybe 50 sobs top. There is a reserve so maybe ask the seller for a buy it now price and close the auction.

Good luck.:D

Aww, haha I didn't exactly think that one through. I will take your advice and ask them what their reserve is and see if I can buy it although I am not sure whether if it has watchers it can be taken down? 

Cheers

The seller can put a buy it now price if there's no bids.  The little pots look like the ones younget with airfix kits.  Used a few and not that bad.....

• Like 1

it depends...

some old Humbrol enamel is still very good, but there  have been poor batches when production switched to China.

You would not be  able to know from  the tinlets.

Some folks hunt for old paint on ebay as well, if sealed properly it has a very long life.

The little pots which come with starter kits and box can be picked up pretty cheap, I've seen bulk  lots,  but there has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth about Humbrol acrylics.

I bought some from a Napoleonic set as it had a useful range of colours for figure use, I've used them for brush painting, but I add a drop or two of Windsor  and Newton Acrylic flow improver to  each pot.

The  little pots are a pain as they are not very stable.

Airbrushing  seems to cause more problems

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235020198-spraying-with-humbrol-acrylic/#comment-2701375

though there is a chap  here who evidently didn't know they were awful ;)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235016785-airfix-victoria-cross-icons-and-the-airbrush-experiments/

I'd suggest unless you are happy with them having used them before, then  it has the possibility of being a dubious 'bargain'

HTH

T

• Like 2