Somua S-35 Tamiya 1/35

Here's my Tamiya Somua S-35. Its OOB and I think the click together tracks are superb. Goes together superbly - only criticism is that if you have the hatches open there is only nothingness inside.

I've tried a basic diorama using a FOG models base which was really easy to work up.

I resisted the temptation to weather too much as these seemed to be well looked after and didn't see prolonged combat.

By all accounts this was more than a match for the German tanks of the time but was used in a tactically inept way by the French. The Germans used them successfully in Russia and a few went back into action for the French post D Day.

As usual comments and criticism welcomed.

Cheers

David

IMG_6508

IMG_6503IMG_6488IMG_6469IMG_6464IMG_6436

• Like 9

That looks great. Not my sort of subject, but WW2 French tanks have a style and charm which is all their own - this model, in its simple setting, sums them up nicely.

Edited by PhilHendry
Grammar
  • Like 1

Yes, very nice and well displayed. Particularly like the cast surface moulding  A Somua is not the sort of subject I'd associate with Tamiya :goodjob:

BillyD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4509davidb said:

By all accounts this was more than a match for the German tanks of the time but was used in a tactically inept way by the French.

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

It was not a match for the latest German design, as with its single man turret it already belong to the past. German tanks had the edge with a turret with TC and gunner at least, and loader for the largest.

• Like 1

The more I see these early WWII French tank kits the more I'm tempted to do one. Haven't taken the plunge yet. Cos' I really need to thin the stash down a bit or my missus will have my nuts for ear rings. 

Edited by Cromwell
Typo
  • Like 1