RNZAF Bristol Freighter

This is my latest foray into the world of 1/144th. It is the recently released Oz Models Bristol Mk 31 Freighter, in the guise of NZ5910 of the RNZAF

NZ5910%203_zpsorfsdrmk.jpg

The kit is limited run so needs a good amount of cleaning up, though the fit is generally very good indeed.

NZ5910%202_zpszb3in4si.jpg

I had to make the D/F loops and the aerials from scrap. The real NZ5910 was sold to a Canadian company and after another 10 years service was finally put to rest in a museum.

NZ5910%201_zpsafjwki4b.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 34

Now that is nice & so suits that scheme. I've been humming & harring over these, think you might have sold me now. 1/144 makes such a lot of sense for some of these bigger kits, both for my pocket & display.

Steve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Now that is nice & so suits that scheme. I've been humming & harring over these, think you might have sold me now. 1/144 makes such a lot of sense for some of these bigger kits, both for my pocket & display.

Steve.

Steve, that was my reasoning as well, I normally build 1/48th but the size of a Freighter or and Andover in 1/48th is scary, even if the kits were available.

8 hours ago, kiwitrogg said:

Nice Bristol Frightener ! 

This is a plane that I want to build myself one day. There's still one or two guys around here who recall flying in these....not fond memories though. :lol:

Cheers

Gaz

I guess flying from NZ up to Singapore of further north at 150mph would be a trial

• Like 1

Hi Silver Fox,

That is one nice Bristol Frightener with the paint work. I remember them in the painted aluminium with white and blue cheat line. I flew in them courtesy of 41 Sqn? RNZAF from Changi and other points on several occasions and it was a steady workhorse. However, saying that, it was OK if it was blue skies and a fair wind. On one return trip to Singapore, we hit a violent storm and after disembarking I felt my stomach was left behind in the aircraft ha ha. Made me appreciate Terra Firma even more!!! My next trip from Changi to Kuching was to be on said aircraft but fate intervened and I ended up in the freight bay of a new, shiny C130B of the RAAF. Blame it on Tiger Beer, Sir but that's another story. Once again a lovely model. Cheers mate:drink:

albamac:viking:........(frustrated Norseman)

Meatbox8

similar, but the Blunties were originally painted in UK equivalent colours then repainted after major servicing the FS colours used by the Skyhawks. The best way to tell which colours were used is by the demarcation line between the light grey and the top surfaces. If it is wavy it is UK, if straight it is FS. Probably to much information, sorry.