A Royal Navy trio in 1/72: Sea Vixen, Phantom and Buccaneer

As per my recent WIP threads - my first foray into a RFI so please be gentle. 

The threads: 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235019580-rn-phantom-buccaneer-finished/ 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235016981-done-quadruple-booms-parallel-build-vampire-t11-and-a-sea-vixen/

I think everyone is probably sick to death of seeing Airfix Vampire T11s so I'll skip that

The gang:

IMG_4819_zps9glsvwuu.jpg

IMG_4825_zps54k1mciy.jpg

IMG_4822_zpsz04flitz.jpg

IMG_4821_zpsrnsilo2c.jpg

Things I'm already aware of:

- silvering on the decals of the Sea Vixen

- need Sidewinders for the Phantom

- Phantom nose wheel door hinged to the wrong side

- realised after Buccaneer picture that a couple of stencils still need to go onto the canopy framing

- Missiles all look a bit bare

Edited by LostCosmonauts
wonky formatting fixed
  • Like 31

Hello Lost,

Nice trio of famous Royal Navy aircraft. It requires lots  of determination, to focus on one service. But the result is a balanced group of models. I enjoyed them.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Orion said:

Hello Lost,

Nice trio of famous Royal Navy aircraft. It requires lots  of determination, to focus on one service. But the result is a balanced group of models. I enjoyed them.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

Thank you!

tbh it was mainly that I'd made the Vixen and was pleased with how it looked in the Navy colours that made me put the other two next and these schemes next in the build queue rather than any display of dedication ;)

Next up has a nautical flavour again but very very different e.g.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235019765-musings-on-an-airsea-rescue-scene/

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Hello Lost,

Nice trio of famous Royal Navy aircraft. It requires lots  of determination, to focus on one service.

Not for me it doesn't.

Nice to see Pusser's cabs in any form.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, upnorth said:

Nice group.

I had no idea the Sea Vixen was that big until you parked it next to a Phantom. It certainly doesn't look so big in a lot of pictures I've seen.

Same here - I thought it'd be a bit bigger than the Vampire with the twin boom jet lineage but it wasn't till I pulled the boxes out and started building them I realised it was about twice the size.

Well done, a fine collection. The good old days, they might be gone but definitely not forgotten.

• Like 1