New 1/32nd Revell Spitfire Mk.IX- 322Sqn R.Netherlands East Indies AF-1949

Hiya Folks,

Well this is my second Revell Spitfire Mk.IX kit in this scale and unlike the first this one was built basically from the box as a Mk.IX but in the markings of the Dutch 322 Sqn based in the Netherlands East Indies during 1949 wearing the distinctive Jungle Green and Light Blue scheme adopted by this unit during the Indonesian War of Independence, using decals from Flevo. Since seeing the Spitfire preserved at the Aviodome at Schipol in the 80`s (now seen at Duxford) I`ve always fancied building a Spitfire in this scheme and here is my WIP with reference photos of the real thing too for anybody interested;

Anyway,....here is the model;

DSCF0235DSCF0237DSCF0227DSCF0225

DSCF0226DSCF0234DSCF0216DSCF0238

DSCF0211_zpsvbp6aqq5.jpg

DSCF0238_zps2fnbuyjz.jpg

As usual the model was brush painted and I used Polly Scale RAAF Foliage Green and French underside Blue Grey,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 53

I like that very much Tony. You've done a cracking job with it. I'm still amazed how you can turn out these models so quickly and still achieve such a high standard of finish, consistently.

• Like 1

I was going to make a funny comment because I know you'd appreciate it. But honestly I love your work. I really look forward to seeing your models. They always somehow capture a moment in time. That in my opinion is what models are about.  We should make a moment in history.

Keep up the work.

• Like 2

Hello Tonyot,

As a Dutchmen, always good to see the Dutch roundels on aircraft.

This one is finished to the highest standards. The color scheme makes a powerful impression.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

Gorgeous mate. The panel wash and subtle weathering break the green up well. This scheme isn't one of my favourites, but for some reason it looks great here, I think you've changed my opinion! 

• Like 1