Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
petr@SpecialHobby

Two-Stage Mosquito announcement

Posted (edited)

Special Hobby team have been preparing  completely new 1/72 Two-Stage Mosquito versions for almost two years now. This fact is well known here among Czech model making companies. The Mosquito project is really very complex one, we have been using measurements taken on a real Mosquito at the Brusells Air Museum. The project design has been prepared using our 3D CAD system and the kit parts will be injected into steel moulds in quality levels common for our latest efforts as were the Mirage F.1, Gnat, Fouga Magister or V2 kits.

Full resolution image files at:
http://www.specialhobby.info/2017/04/172-double-stage-engine-mosquito-kits.html

sm-M-NF30-36-w_zpsm6n0muh2.jpg

sm-M-NF15-w_zpsajye9n1j.jpg

sm-M-B9-16-w_zpsesiszntm.jpg

sm-M-NF15-prt_zps4q8yx7yp.png

sm-M-B9-16-prt_zps0mgvboef.png

sm-M-NF15-prt2_zpslnffte4t.png

sm-M-NF30-36-prt_zpshirrzdh7.png

Edited by petr@SpecialHobby
8 people like this

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :yahoo::yahoo::frantic::frantic:

Thank you Special Hobby!! :heart:

1 person likes this

Looks like Special Hobby are going to do the full set of two stage Mossies.  Personally, it's just the bomber/PR ones that interest me, which is less bad news for my wallet.

Posted (edited)

Whilst it's the NF versions which interest me the most, I'm very pleased to see the bomber/PR versions too, I will be buying both most definitely!

If they mould the radome in clear plastic that will be brilliant as that would permit NF.30 through 36 (just paint over it for an NF.XXX/30), I'm very pleased to see the later flame damping exhaust shrouds, they always seem to be the bette noir of any attempt to do a late NF version.

It looks like they've made a decent effort with the two stage cowlings.

Really looking forward to this kit, I can see me buying at least a dozen of the various versions of this kit as long as they get it right!

This and the forthcoming Super Mystère are why they and Airfix are my manufacturers of choice - they're making subjects I want to model!

Edited by Wez
Speelung!!
2 people like this

Ooooh! NF.15, Ooooh! Be still my racing heart. :) Did these have the smaller wheels too or was that only the Sea Mosquito?

Steve.

The NF. 15 has smaller wheels Steve, you're right :thumbsup2: . I'm doing one with a very old (and now 'collector' expensive) Paragon set at the moment.

This could be a very big money spinner for Special Hobby. I was cobbling together a the double stage NF. 15 right now using all sorts of bits (based on a Matchbox kit)... Then found out Arma Hobby have just brought out engines that can be used with the Tamiya kits. I might give that a whirl too but now I find that this is happening!;

All of the faff is a bit tiresome compared to having off the shelf kits at my old age :clif:  :D.

I buy more Special Hobby/Azur/MPM/Frrom than anything else. It's been that way for a long time - great subjects and great customer service.

This is really good news (but probably not for my wallet or Mrs. T :unsure:).

TonyT

1 person likes this

Wondering what I can do with my 3 sets of Paragon engines now. :unsure: . I'm sure I can think of something.  :)

Steve.

Just use them on the Tamiya kit?  If they have an (incorrect) square panel just aft of the exhausts, use them on a Hasegawa kit, as those are the originals Neil did in '99 and intended for that kit - it was before Tamiya released theirs.

1 person likes this

To finally see good quality Mk. IX's and Mk. XVI's plus others is great.  The modelling community of 1/72 WW2 has long waited for this important gap to be filled and other have commented that this will be a real winner for Special Hobby and I agree.  Hasegawa has missed the opportunity to do this after issuing a number of Mk.IV's and Mk. VI's.  I hope they are on the market soon.

1 person likes this

Even if Hasegawa *had* grasped the opportunity for a two stage Merlin Mosquito - and they must have been planning it given the breakdown of the wing/nacelles - I'm certain it would have been as much of a disappointment as their existing Mosquito, with all it's myriad faults.  Including: thick and blunt leading edge, paltry almost non-existent cockpit interior, split canopies, lack of u/c detail, horrible fit and in some examples, warped plastic.  All for a vastly inflated price.