1/48 Prone pilot Meteor

Here's the 1/48 Prone Pilot Meteor I just finished in the Prototypes, Experimentals etc group build. It's the Airfix kit with the Brigade Models conversion.  A very straightforward build - completed in under 3 weeks, which is incredibly fast by my standards.

WIP is here

1/48 Prone pilot Meteor

1/48 Prone pilot Meteor

1/48 Prone pilot Meteor

1/48 Prone pilot Meteor

• Like 22

Thanks everyone

5 hours ago, ejboyd5 said:

Wasn't the prone position tried as a way to limit the effect of G-forces on the pilot? 

Yes - they found the aircraft could be flown from that position, but the pilot couldn't very easily look up or behind him, so it wouldn't have been much use in air to air combat, so defeats the point really. And the development of the g-suit provided a much more effective alternative.

Excellent model of a remarkable looking aircraft. I saw the real one at Cosford last year (was going to ask if you had seen it, until I noticed where you live).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorbygould said:

Excellent model of a remarkable looking aircraft. I saw the real one at Cosford last year (was going to ask if you had seen it, until I noticed where you live).

I've seen it a few times (haven't always lived down under!). It's fascinated me ever since I first saw it when I was about 8. When I saw that the conversion had been released, I couldn't resist - I had to have a model of this aeroplane.