Take it easy Comrade!

stevej60

Morning folk's got a little more done in as much as I ran a was into the few panel lines there are top and bottom,I need to research

a little more before matt coating on whether or not the wheel well's were painted gray rather than the underside blue.

DSCN5001_zpswraokw8y.jpg

• Like 4

That's a very good idea of the size comparison of these aircraft, something I find fascinating even on modern aircraft, and sometimes only  blatantly apparent when you build a model and compare them together. Steve they look like they are bang on the money, good job. 

Glynn

Great progress and very neat paint job Steve.

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

... I need to research a little more before matt coating on whether or not the wheel well's were painted gray rather than the underside blue.

I think it can be either. They most likely were gray when built but could end up blue when repairs occurred. Also some museum aircraft have them gray, others blue.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hewy said:

That's a very good idea of the size comparison of these aircraft, something I find fascinating even on modern aircraft, and sometimes only  blatantly apparent when you build a model and compare them together. Steve they look like they are bang on the money, good job. 

Glynn

Many thank's Glynn, the La-7 dwarf's the Yak but is itself small  compared to some western aircraft.

5 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Great progress and very neat paint job Steve.

I think it can be either. They most likely were gray when built but could end up blue when repairs occurred. Also some museum aircraft have them gray, others blue.

Cheers, Peter

Thanks Peter I'll leave them as is!

Morning all,final bit's to these two now before matt coating and a little weathering,the La-7 is ready now prop on and wheel's etc.

DSCN5008_zps5xyjptgp.jpg

And the Yak needs the spinner which I'm in the middle of painting adding wheels on etc.

DSCN5009_zpskktawrrg.jpg

Should finish them this weekend and get them in the gallery then look at starting the Il-2,that will boost the Russian collection which

isn't large,old Airfix 1/48 Kit.

SDC12281800x533_zpsf4ba3a65.jpg

Newer tool P-40 in 1/72 scale

SDC12718640x480_zpsa5629e32.jpg

Eduard 1/48 Yak-3

DSCN3692_zpsykfzn2vy.jpg

And the little ICM kit.

DSCN3434_zpsxmto2hoa.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Evening folk's last photo's before RFI all that's left to do is a bit of exhaust and gun staining with  graphite and paint in the canopy

frames and I'm done then a little break before the Il-2.

DSCN5046_zpshbmvxkny.jpg

DSCN5047_zpsxjze2u1d.jpg

• Like 6

Hi folk's,well the Yak and La7 are done so will be in the gallery in the next few day's so time to bring in the Il-2.this being a newish

release is a real beauty considering the easy build format.First I cleaned up the wheel nacelles.

DSCN5053_zps2kzkggnr.jpg

Cleaned the mold line off the fuselage and assembled the cockpit ready for paint.

DSCN5054_zpsjpk3kayk.jpg

And nacelles fitted along with Cannon blister's.

DSCN5055_zpsgdjp8lu3.jpg

As you can see there are bomb rack's to be fitted later in the build.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's thought it time to pick up the slack again on this one so decal's on the IP and tape belt's added not a lot will be seen through the 

glazing but it should do.I've now taped up the fuselage/wing part's and leaving to dry.

20170605_204950_zpsx6z9anch.jpg

• Like 4

Morning all,I primed last night after taking off the tape used to close the gap on the fuselage/wing join and filled the gap with flexi filler.

sprayed the base coat's on upper and lower surfaces popped the glazing on for a dry run should pose no issues.

20170606_115346_RichtoneHDR_zpsyg21ylze.

20170606_115559_zpsjqnawlrz.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Good progress Steve. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thank's Stix,I've been in 1/32 scale with a couple of build's ongoing so nice to drop back to a smaller and quicker scale

for a moment,I tried in vain to hunt down Trumpeter's 1/32 Mig 3 for this GB at the local show but none to find I did have the chance

of a 1/32 scale model of this aircraft and was tempted briefly!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

It would have been a big unit in 1/32 Steve I bet, good stuff looks like a stress free build, 

Glynn

Well no stress so far Glyn.I got the green on in three coats this morning then glossed her and just before the table was packed

away for the day decal's applied I cant vouch for their accuracy but they are beautifully printed and went on well.

20170606_190318_zpsbx2ry3ih.jpg

20170606_190339%202_zpsj8mzenfw.jpg

• Like 3

When seeing your progress from yesterday, I wanted to comment that this will be finished painted in now time - and then like magic a picture poped up of the fully painted model a bit further down!!!!

Looking very nice with the markings on Steve :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1