Take it easy Comrade!

stevej60

Hi folk's I'm enjoying a spate of easy kit build's at the moment so a good excuse to build a couple more comes by way of this GB.

Love em or hate em they are fun and do build into nice little kits with a little effort,so I'm ordering a couple or maybe two each of

these two for my entry sadly my go to retailer does not have the Mig 3 but with the Northern show on the horizon I might come

across one to add,should have them in time for the start.

yak_zps4dnqjbl3.jpg

il-2_zpshdiqgy70.jpg

la7_zpssakpk8gm.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Good to see more WWII types in the GB. Looks like two relaxing builds coming up Steve.

I would use the Normandie-Niemen decals as the decals for Rogovoy's aircraft aren't correct - the yellow markings (line - actually two lines - and number) should be white. The Russians rarely used yellow on their aircraft as it was the theater marking of the Germans.

If you like to make Rogovoy's aircraft, Begemot makes a 1/72 decal sheet (actually 2 sheets) with choices for 68 different Yak-3 markings :o

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

Thank's for that info Peter,I'll avoid that scheme I was just ordering the two kits and had forgotten their LA-7 so we now

have a trio!

Edited by stevej60

Morning folk's the kit's arrived yesterday so here's a peek,First up the Il-2 which came in a much smaller box than the usual easy kit

range and without the plastic tray but the sprue's were wrapped in foam and polythene even the tail had a foam cap protecting the

aerial connection.surface detailing is very well done too and beautiful canopy.

DSCN4973_zpsi7iu9nvp.jpg

Next the La-7 which is an older release than the Il-2 but still very nicely done.

DSCN4974_zpsfjwesf4s.jpg

And finally the tiny Yak which was one of the early releases in the range but again still holds up well.

DSCN4975_zpsuitopqmd.jpg

So ready to go when the GB starts all three should build well their respective canopies are all decent and the decal's look good

but I will need help with colours especially interiors etc when we start.As I said hopefully I will come across the Mig 3 on my 

travels  to make it a quartet.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Basilisk said:

They don't look bad at all ! This link should answer most (if not all) of your question in regards to VVS colours.

Cheers, Peter

Superb link Peter many thank's all I need is there!

Hi folk's someone once said a week is a long time in politics,well an hour is a long time in Hobbyboss modelling!

first job was to clean up the mold seams along the fuselage and wings.

DSCN4976_zpsh9xmr7te.jpg

There are two cowling option's and front fuselage insert's  with no instructions which ones relate to which version

thankfully Peter's link has the aircraft scheme I'm doing so sorted.The one piece wing and tail planes were added

as well as the U/C doors I love the way Hobbyboss have done these with very positive connecting point's

DSCN4980_zpss4fn2ybi.jpg

And within the hour she's up on her feet,no filler used and ready for the cockpit painted.

DSCN4981_zpsyokvxyqd.jpg

I also like the way a metal shaft is supplied for the propeller just popped it on for the photo it needs some detail painting.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's someone once said a week is a long time in politics,well an hour is a long time in Hobbyboss modelling!

These kits are maybe the ticket for me to get a build finished in the time frame of a GB. :unsure:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

Morning folk's as the Yak shares a couple of colours with the La-7 I thought I would get both aircraft to he same point before slapping

paint on so another hour this morning and progress made to that end,strange I'm sure the Yak was an earlier offering but it has a better

cockpit(or at least it has a control stick),

DSCN4982_zpsirh9h6vq.jpg

DSCN4984_zps1tryyvwc.jpg

And were ready for primer.

DSCN4985_zps5xvigyug.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Don't you paint the cockpits Steve?

Cheers, Peter

I will do Peter and putting belts and decals in but I thought I would leave them till last for a change as there are no internals other

than seats and stick's,when I start the Il-2 I will go the traditional route as it has a full cockpit layout.

3 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Nice start Steve, at this rate you'll be done by next weekend :D

Cheers,

Stew

Ha thank's Stew you could be right,I was considering a few more Russian subject's thankfully I re-checked the rules as I was going

to add a couple of lend-lease P-39's from the same range not realising it was Russian/Soviet original's only,might go the Mig 15

trainer for one more though.:lol:

Morning folk's,over the weekend I primed both aircraft in the blue underside colour then matching the profiles in Peter's link(as best as

I could) sprayed the lighter gray and brushed the darker camo this morning also started a base coat on the cockpit's. Hobbyboss tell

you to paint the Yak's top surface light blue and Pear green? References seem to show Normandie-Neimen aircraft in a similar scheme

to the LA-7.

DSCN4991_zpsumfpsdzz.jpg

• Like 3

Hi folk's,the Yak's under gloss but the La-7 has a more detailed paint scheme so on the basic three tone paintwork the red cowl,

white section of the tail and natural metal plate now need's painting here's the start of the process.

DSCN4992_zpso79kpgwn.jpg

• Like 4