Ju88 to ju388 conversion

Lawzer

Folks,

I've got 2 revell ju88's (one c6 and one i think a4). The c6 i'll do as a night fighter but i came across this on fleabay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aardvark-Models-1-48-Scale-Ju-388-K-L-Conversion-For-Revell-Dragon-Ju-88-188-/122446121005?hash=item1c825b882d:g:jMwAAOSw03lY7-wN

I love the look of the 388 and other than paying crazy money for an actual kit i'm tempted.

has anyone got experience of this conversion?

lot of money and i'll be murdered if swmbo finds out.......

cheers

ian

ps. If anyone on here is bidding for it please pm me - chivilry and all that ;)

I've got the Aardvark/Heritage conversion but never used it.  Actually, got a few as I wanted to do several 388s in 48th but my interest in that scale waned.  It goes down natural panel breaks - wingtips, engines, cockpit, except the tail barbette which will need some cutting of the fuselage, again down a natural panel line.  

It doesn't include the larger tailplanes used by the 88G/188/388 though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Wooksta! said:

I've got the Aardvark/Heritage conversion but never used it.  Actually, got a few as I wanted to do several 388s in 48th but my interest in that scale waned.  It goes down natural panel breaks - wingtips, engines, cockpit, except the tail barbette which will need some cutting of the fuselage, again down a natural panel line.  

It doesn't include the larger tailplanes used by the 88G/188/388 though.

When you say wingtips (noticed thir inclusion on the photo of the box on ebay) - does it replace the kit wingtips?  Reason i ask is one half of 1 wingtip is missing from one of the kits and it MIGHT give me the justification to buy it?

Yes, but they're the pointed 188/388 wingtips in the conversion.  TBH, it's been about ten years or more since I dug through the relevant boxes in me Mam's loft.  As I say, if you're using the Dragon A or C version, you'll need the later 88G/188/388 tailplanes which I don't think are in the conversion.

• Like 1

put a few bids on the ebay item but it's getting a bit too steep considering I'd need to get some am decals so if the AIMS kit comes with decals I'll go for one of those.

Hopefully someone may release a canopy mask as I don't fancy my chances with that ;)

If I were you. I'd hang out for the AIMS conversion, especially if the Aardvark one was cast by Heritage before they contracted their casting out to CMK.  Having seen the quality of the new AIMS stuff, and their use of the latest technology to create their masters, I'd be all over that one myself, and indeed will be when it comes out, as I've hankered after a 388 for a while now :Tasty:

• Like 2

Even 1/72 l was looking at a Special Hobby Ju 388 and it went for $100! But l keep looking for one at a fair price if there is such a thing

On 20/04/2017 at 0:34 PM, Mike said:

:lol: doubtful - he only sells through Hannants.

You can order direct from his website, I've done that in the past.

11 hours ago, hacker said:

Even 1/72 l was looking at a Special Hobby Ju 388 and it went for $100! But l keep looking for one at a fair price if there is such a thing

When I hear about some E-bay prices I think I have to add additional locker to my doors... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

When I hear about some E-bay prices I think I have to add additional locker to my doors... 

On a bit of a side note check out how much some people are charging for the 1/48 airfix mosquito kits (the black ruff one).  More than a tamiya mossie!  I apprciate that some kits are collectable but it's crazy.  Having said that I've bought 2 off BM........

• Like 1

It'll probably be more like Group Stash knowing modellers ;)

EDIT: Removing extraneous characters from "Probably" and note to self - don't type without glasses :nerd:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mainly28s said:

My building speed is waaaay slower than my stashing speed. Plus I'd need to find a suitable donor kit.

As far as the description goes any revell (or dragon kit) will do.  Fair few on fleabay.

and as for the stash growing faster than you can build 'em I hear ya fella!! :)

• Like 1