TAKOM FV432 - A lookie lookie

D1fuN0

Morning Chaps and Chapesses :bye:

Picked it up yesterday and thought because I'm such a nice chap, I'd show you all whats in the box :)

(but what the hell is wrong with Photobucket... its become a REAL PITA!!!)

Anyway...

A nice big box full of plastic...

BOX.png

9 Sprues in light grey and one in clear and a host of other goodies

A is suspension & wheels

IMG_20170418_162044.jpg

B is outsidey and insidey bits

IMG_20170418_162020.jpg

Dont know what happened to c...

But D is tracks. Nicely done, with a few injector pin marks on the inner faces, easy to remove tho

IMG_20170418_161802.jpg

F is outsidey bits, 

ffb28496-57af-4c26-a83f-33179cb643d6.jpg

Nice little GPMG 

f169e23f-4769-4b6e-8875-f20b50e6fc8d.jpg

G is mainly interior detail which is quite fine and very nice indeed.

IMG_20170418_161857.jpg

and H is more outsidey bits

IMG_20170418_161830_1.jpg

And finally the clear sprue

clear.png

Added to all these lovely bits...

A really cool jig for making up the tracks off the vehicle...

IMG_20170418_161913.jpg

And of course the Hull and upper body

hull.png

and check out the detailing on the floor in the rear...

IMG_20170418_162139.jpg

okeydokey then, next we have the photo etch and decals

PE1.png

PE2.png

Note, mudguards already pre bent...

DECALS.png

And finally, the rather spiffy painting instructions at the back of the instruction book

BOOK_1.png

So... What WILL you like

There is a full fighting compartment and drivers office, ( No engine though) and they are both very nicely detailed and a bit of plumbing and wiring will bring them all too life. detail throughout is very fine, the instructions are easy to read and understand, and, if like me, you've been waiting for an IM FV432 since like Noah's days, you will not be disappointed.

Takom kits are abslolute gems, thoughtfully broken down for an easy build without having to resort to Dragons 1000+ piece kits. 

The tracks are very nice indeed with the upper piece having a sag built in, but im sceptical of the jig for building the tracks off vehicle (just me), but hey, Ill try anything once :)

What WONT you like...

Seriously, only thing i can find wrong is the usual lack of colour callouts in the instructions, but there is a comprehensive set of photos at the back of the book that deals with the interior (MIG colours) and 4 paint options in the book which are, Berlin 1980, Royal Scots 7th Armoured Desert, Green & Black unknown unit, and a OPFOR variant.

Yeah, maybe an engine would have been nice too, but hey, I'm sure one will appear very soon from the one of the AM companies :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and start building it and figure out whether i'm mad enough to do the Berlin version :)

Love & Kisses

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 8

Looks great! I'm tempted - to do a Gulf War 1 version. Berlin version would be cool - I'm sure I've got a diagram somewhere showing the scheme from every side - shout if you'd like me to try to hunt it out. There are worse vehicles to do it on than the 432 as well - at least it's mostly flat plates. A Chieftain, with that cast turret, would be a proper nightmare.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 09:23, ivan-o said:

Nice one! got mine on pre order.No Berlin Brigade badge though,why do they always forget that?

Annoying. hope someone does them as aftermarket.

Excellent Steve, thank you very much for sharing!

I reckon the AM guys will come along with decals to include Berlin brigade, individual tracks and a resin Pack and bay. It looks like Takom have done another smashing job though, well worth the wait!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up guys,

if you intend to make a version post 2002 the interior colour is white and not silver (not aluminium)this changed when they had their last refurb.

Morning Chaps :bye:

I haven't started on mine yet... Still have a couple of things i need to shift off the bench, and I see that a second version is already on the cards :) 

As an aside, Is there any news that there might be some crew to go along with it? 

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

Awesome! I've just bought two, one for my friend's 50th birthday present. Well its only taken 50 odd years for somebody to do a kit of it and that's the Chinese. 0 out of 10 to Airfix for never having having done one. I wonder how many times in all those years it was requested? I'm just gobsmacked It's finally been done, there are some good books on the subject and even they've been done by foreigners. Below is a photo of me aged 9 in Germany standing next to one at Corunna Barracks 26 Engineer Regiment about 1973. I was a keen modeller even then and wanted a kit of one.

Graham

Graham French 1973 Corunna Barracks