Britmodeller running slow?

It does seem to be stalling after I've been

on here for a while. If I click off I. E. and reload

it fixes the problem, yet other sites don't need this

'fix'. If I click submit reply, it can take ten seconds

to register. It was okay before the glitch at the weekend,

most odd.

I've noticed this too, thought it was just me but it seems to take an age to reload a page.  The other websites I'm visiting at the same time seem to be running at normal speed so I don't think it's down to my PC or broadband connection.

We've been noticing the odd moment of sloth from time to time, and I'm going to apply the most recent update to the forum software shortly, just to rule out a bug that might now have been fixed.  If we're still experiencing these instances of the software seeming to drift off in a daze, we'll get Support involved. :)

• Like 1

Just logged in and it is taking a minute to open anything.

I closed window and re-opened and it was fine for about 2 - 3 minutes then slowed right down again.

Then it took ages to send this before it froze completely.

I've not been hammering the forum this evening (doing some pretty heavy file copying across my home network ATM), but I've not noticed any sloth tonight.  I'll keep an eye on it though, and bring it up with Support now that we're singing from the latest hymn sheet, as it were :)

The upgrade to the latest version did seem to improve things for me, and the update process was so quick I bet most of you missed it ;)

Had problems on and off with the sloth since Sunday, both on my Mac at home and my iPad here at work!

When I started browsing tonight, about an hour ago, trying to open any of the streams that I have saved, took 5+ minutes to open. Once opened, browsing is both quick and sloth like though not necessarily at the same time!

Just turned the lappy off. Love this site and will be back, but the delay in opening links etc. is a little frustrating. Having said that, I really appreciate the unpaid efforts of chaps that put in so much work for all of us, so, please, please accept this as constructive critique.

Really slow then frozen so closed it.

Worked ok for 10 minutes then slower than before so I shut down again.

Got this message when I started it up again

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 545858869

Varnish cache server

I find if I read a topic, then click to return to view new content, it can hang for 3-4 minutes to get back to where it started from...............:hanging:

I don't mind it... I'm a nostalgic kind of fellow and it sort of takes me back to the good old days of dial-up. 

Times when I could make myself a cuppa or amazingly do a spot of modelling in between clicks!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

I'll speak with Support.  I've not been having too bad a time of it today, but I've not been on much.  I'm wondering if it's a reoccurrence of an old issue.  I just can't remember for the life of me what the fix was :doh:

BTW - the last go-slow caused a few double-posted threads to be created.  If you spot any, just flag them up with a report, and a Mod will come along and blat them forthwith ;)