Britmodeller running slow?

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

They weren't so happy when someone did it to them a number of years back when they ran their own forum.

The trouble is, that when it does happen to them, they don't stop and think “maybe I was wrong doing the same thing to 'A'”, they just think “poor me, how can anyone do this to totally innocent me”. They won't see it as the same thing, because after your perceived evil deeds, you deserve it, but they, the White Knight's of Absolute Righteousness, don't. The Adam's family have got less bat's in the attic than this lot! :mental:

I am glad to,see the site up and running this morning. Missed it yesterday when it was down. Mike, I am with the others, if it is affecting your health, walk away for a while. You need to live a long life so you can become a crotchety, old, curmudgeon like myself!  You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

They're like a bunch of rottweilers once they start

Incidentally, that's libellous, rottweilers would object to their name being associated with these bods.

• Like 4

Indeed I rather like Rottweilers and you could never find a spineless Rottweiler they are brave and noble. These chaps are invertebrates from the worm family and, as far as I am, concerned the worms will only get me when I am dead.

• Like 2

I apologise unreservedly to all rottweilers for my unnecessary comparison with... :shrug:

Support have come back with some new configurations, so let's see how those work, eh? :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gorbygould said:

The Adam's family have got less bat's in the attic than this lot! :mental:

:D not heard that one before, I may to use it myself assuming that there's no copyright!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mike said:

I think we need a new word for it

I can help with that, I've got lots of good sailor words B)

PS: If it does become a bit much your Mikeness, I'm quite sure there'd be those of us who'd put a 

hand up to assist in whatever way shape or form (Bags not the Rottys though, awful dog)

Edited by NAVY870

On 2017-6-12 at 11:19 AM, Mike said:

Age doesn't necessarily bring maturity.

Thank goodness for that!

I was worried that I might have to get serious when I get old (next year!)

Regarding slowness,I noticed that when submitting a reply it is sometimes taking up to half a minute to complete and that if I am on for short visits there is no problem but the longer I'm on the slower it gets. I usually abandon then and start again.

I've only just sat down at my desk myself, so I can't comment on the speed today yet.  I'll keep an eye on things for the next few hours, and have a mooch about the main control panel on the server to see if there are any symptoms of someone making a bid to take us down.

Lol.

I feel sorry for Mike and all the hassle he and the support and whoever else involved is having. However, I even feel sorrier for those :swear: causing the trouble, how bad and miserable must their life's be? 

Keep it up Mike and Co, :thumbsup::clap2:

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

Just an FYI- I'm getting some long waiting times for the forum again, I've been navigating in other tabs to different websites and they're all rapidly loading. I therefore assume the problem might not be at my end.

Anyway, just signposting it in case anyone else can corroborate this.

Thanks,

Sam

Edit: I'm a Firefox user

Edited by cathasatail