Britmodeller running slow?

It's nice that everyone's being so cheerful about the inconvenience, and it's a classic display of the Blitz Spirit, even though a lot of you aren't British ;)

• Like 1

Ah!.......anonymity! The last resting place of the spineless....at least in this instance.

My doctor is taking me off of the medication for schizophrenia as it doesn't appear to be working. I now have multiple personalities. 10 minutes ago when I logged in (that in itself was weird as I don't normally have to) I was first of all Tomahawk, logged out and in again, only this time I was Bentwaters. Tried again and became Carius. It seems strange being me, Bullbasket again.

John.

• Like 2

OK,enough is enough,I,ve been me since this started,I log in and log out but I'm still me! If I don't become someone else soon I 

will call an election,it's time to be strong and stable.

Still me and not happy!

• Like 10

I experienced enough interference yesterday to be convinced something was going on beyond my usual broadband speed issues but things are fine today

Mike - I must have lived a very sheltered life not to have previously come across the other website being referred to and my curiosity has been raised enough to want to see what is actually being said but no amount of googling seems to turn up a likely culprit.  Can you give me a hint of a useful search term perhaps please?  

Same here John.  That outage a moment ago was me rebooting ther server.  Still working with support on the identity issues, but I think we're on the home straits of sorting it :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike said:

BTW - is anyone still getting slow service from the site?

I logged off and went to some plastic modelling for a couple of hours.

Logged back on a short time ago - getting some slowness and hesitation in some areas eg, going from this page to page 10 and from a thread back to main new contents list; as slow as a sloth on a go-slow

2 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Logged back on a short time ago

If it was a few minutes ago, that might have been me rebooting the server :)

Understatement of the week award goes to John :clap2:

Support are beavering away in the background putting out fires, so let's see how things go for a wee while, eh?

• Like 2

Is that a phantom double-post, or did you just copy & paste it? :blink:

At my end of the internet tube the site seems ok, but I don't want to tempt providence by saying "it's fixed" :owww:

• Like 1

I'll just say nice reboot

404 had me a bit worried for a while, I got

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'IPS\Db\Exception' with message 'Too many connections' in /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php:206 Stack trace: #0 /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php(120): IPS\_Db::_establishConnection('IPS\\Db', Array, true) #1 /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Settings/Settings.php(157): IPS\_Db::i() #2 /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Settings/Settings.php(107): IPS\_Settings->loadFromDb() #3 /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(299): IPS\_Settings->__get('task_use_cron') #4 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct() #5 {main} thrown in /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php on line 206

signing in

And I was perturbed

:)

Eek! I hadn't seen the duplicates until now. I hit the "Submit Reply" button, then walked away to do some chores. When I came back, there was a 500 Internal Server Error, so I hit refresh and it must have resubmitted the post. Sorry about that!

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

I'll just say nice reboot

404 had me a bit worried for a while, I got

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'IPS\Db\Exception' with message 'Too many connections' in /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php:206 Stack trace: #0 /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php(120): IPS\_Db::_establishConnection('IPS\\Db', Array, true) #1 /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Settings/Settings.php(157): IPS\_Db::i() #2 /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Settings/Settings.php(107): IPS\_Settings->loadFromDb() #3 /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(299): IPS\_Settings->__get('task_use_cron') #4 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct() #5 {main} thrown in /home/britmod/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php on line 206

signing in

And I was perturbed

:)

Yeah, I had a screenshot from Dads203 texted over saying almost exactly that.  Something went wrong post-reboot, so they had to try again.  I'm in the process of finding out what they had to do to fix things for future reference.  We did turn up a rather bad-mannered search engine bot that was being a bit greedy on resources, so I've blocked that on the robots.txt file.  It that doesn't sack them off, they'll get the IP Ban treatment. :wicked:

2 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

Eek! I hadn't seen the duplicates until now. I hit the "Submit Reply" button, then walked away to do some chores. When I came back, there was a 500 Internal Server Error, so I hit refresh and it must have resubmitted the post. Sorry about that!

Don't worry John - I managed to post up a pick of my son's crap fidget-spinner thrice earlier! :boom:

2 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Well I just hit the 'home' button, and it didn't self destruct this time.

and are you still at home?

• Like 2

Oh dear,apparently it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow it seems to have slipped my mind,I knew there was an important date in June but

thought it was just D-Day,now I really DO need to be someone else!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Oh dear,apparently it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow it seems to have slipped my mind,I knew there was an important date in June but

thought it was just D-Day,now I really DO need to be someone else!

Congratulations Steve. Mine as well. 51 years. Enjoy the day.

John.

• Like 2