Britmodeller running slow?

47 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Their lack of character in hiding behind the anonymity of the net is eloquent testimony to their immaturity and small minds.

Sadly though, it's their stock in trade.  Not one of them has ever said a bad word to me in public, despite pronouncements that they would.  Deeply distrubed individuals.

Anyway - it's been confirmed that it's an attack, so I'd better put the announcement back up :dull:

2 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

I am having no issues on BM at all   Mike.

That's 'cos Mike's plugged the ZX-80 in now!

It's so much better than it was a couple of hours ago.

Mike

Just my small protest.

I wanted an expensive model and bought it last month off Hannants.

I paid more than I could have bought it for from a vendor who advertises on one of the sites where slagging off Britmodeller is the form.  I will not buy off them while they continue to have a presence there and I recommend that approach to other members here.

Just my wee way of hitting back.

Won't buy a certain magazine either but that hardly going to change things.  A lost regular buyer of expensive kits is something else.

My money, my choice.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Julien said:

Nice one John.

Hit them in the wallet.

Julien

Exactly and effective.

Cost me a fiver or thereabouts (2 coffees worth!) but was worth it.  If the vendor reads this and other BM member come customers walk past too then he might think how many other sales do I lose by having a presence on a site with few members and pretty nasty ones at that

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Mike

Just my small protest.

I paid more than I could have bought it for from a vendor who advertises on one of the sites where slagging off Britmodeller is the form.  I will not buy off them while they continue to have a presence there and I recommend that approach to other members here.

Just my wee way of hitting back.

Won't buy a certain magazine either but that hardly going to change things.  A lost regular buyer of expensive kits is something else.

My money, my choice.

An excellent point, John. I shall follow suit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JohnT said:

Mike

Just my small protest.

I paid more than I could have bought it for from a vendor who advertises on one of the sites where slagging off Britmodeller is the form. 

Who is the vendor so I could avoid them mate? 

Tony

58 minutes ago, rio said:

Can you let me know what sites so i can steer clear.

10 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Who is the vendor so I could avoid them mate?

I think that info needs sharing by PM.

I think if this person sees their name or that of the website/forum posted up on here they may be inclined to increase the attacks and also make them more severe.

just my thoughts on it

• Like 1

Chaps

just so there is no confusion on this I am not suggesting that vendors are participating in any activity against Britmodeller.  They are not.  What I am saying is that some naturally want to do business on all modelling sites and I can understand that.  No problem there.  What my point is that some sites actively have a pop at Britmodeller and where any vendor is active on a site such as that I will not take my custom to them even if I can save cash.  Its a matter of principle.  However if said vendors move on then I will happily buy off them.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I think that info needs sharing by PM.

I think if this person sees their name or that of the website/forum posted up on here they may be inclined to increase the attacks and also make them more severe.

just my thoughts on it

I also would be delighted to get a PM of the name of the vendor, so I too can avoid like the plague.

Thanks,

Philip

What amazes me is that especially in this period of time in history is that people will go out of their way(even to pay) to disrupt a MODEL site!

whatever spin we put on it we are really just a bunch of folk who never really grew up and take pleasure in sticking bit's of plastic(OK resin and

PE too)together,we aren't bothering anyone,trying to invade our neighbour's or generally being a nuisance,I've seen some of the comment's on

some other sites and it all comes down to folk breaking the rules we all sign up to on membership,Where would we be be without rules? F........

well we won't go there all I would say is let's not start a witch hunt on member's or Vendor's or just like terrorist's they've won!

• Like 9

This was due to the attack that was orchestrated yesterday, which resulted in a hunk of IPs being blocked.  Same MO as last time, likely to be the same commissioning party for what is these days an off-the-shelf attack that can be bought fairly cheaply.  One just has to hope that they haven't hidden the financial transaction very well, which could well leave the wind-up solider/patsy that was talked into making payment rather exposed.

If any of you have any information or evidence that leads to a successful prosecution of these idiots, there would be a reward available if that's what it takes.  let's bring these buffoons to justice so that the hobby can get on without them while they cool their heels barred from the internet, or whatever you get for orchestrating this kind of bobbins.  I know someone who always used to spout about Karma catching people up.  Well Karma has been asleep on the job, so give her/him/it a hand.  Do the right thing. :yes:

• Like 3

As somebody who is habitually slow on the uptake, can someone explain to me what is happening? I understand about the attack and the slow down (freezing) of the site, but why? Is this being done by someone who has been banned from this site?

I understand that it probably wouldn't be the wisest move to publish names and sites on here, but if someone can PM me with some info, I'd appreciate it. That way I can make up my own mind about vendors. I regularly visit Missing Lynx and Track Link, but I've never read anything detrimental about BM on those. I also occasionally visit IDF Modelling and am signed up to Armorama but hardly ever visit except to look at specific models, so I hope that it's none of the first here.

John. 

I don't really understand this. I've visited a few modelling forums and been a member of two (BM & Scalemates). I have never read anything derogatory about BM. By far, BM is the friendliest, most welcoming and best humoured site I've visited. What sort of intellectually and emotionally stunted germ would harbour a grudge of these proportions for EIGHT years! Grow up, move on!

I've kept this on the downlow for years now, hoping that it would go away, and that starved of the oxygen of reaction, they'd get fed up and go and harass someone else, but no, so here goes. 

We have a hate group that seem to have nothing better in their lives to do, who have been doing their best to spoil Britmodeller for years now.  They cause trouble as themselves, as sock-puppet accounts, spew hate about me, my family and the site on the web, and even try to cause trouble for me in the real world.  They make up (scuse my French) bullshit stories about me, tell people that I stole the site from other people (when I can prove I set it up), and other such libellous and defamatory comments.  We have already had to threaten some of them with legal action due to the affect it was having on my family's well-being, and when one group gets bored with it or frightened off, the sole instigator grooms another generation with lies and falsehoods, ready to do his dirty-work.  The people he targets are either incredibly stupid and gullible or his lies are good ones, but there's never any proof offered that I've seen, so I'm going to guess it's the former. 

I think we're on the third or fourth generation of foot-soldiers now, and they pick up the scrapings-off from the site, with an unerring ability to get in touch with anyone that's not able to keep within the simple rules we lay out in advance of joining (odd, that, isn't it?).  We rule this place with jackboots, and ban people for no reason, and harass members by email, and and and... a total crock of :poop: but foolish people keep buying it.  Ask them for proof, ask them what it is exactly that I've done to them to deserve their hate, and they'll spit and splutter, but be unable to give you anything tangible (that's true, at least) other than I'm a bit sarcastic.  Yep.  I'm sarcastic, and a bit tactless at times.  Big woop! :shrug:

Everyone reading this - do me one favour.  If you ever hear any scurulous rumours about me or Britmodeller, just come straight to me and fact check them.  I'll tell you the truth, as I don't believe in spinning a web of lies for some perceived benefit, and couldn't remember what I'd said anyway!  Hell, they can't even get their stories straight from one month to the next, and are alternately banned, stomped off, I ran away from a confrontation or put my head between my legs and hid, and yet they all nod sagely and bray along with stories they know to be utterly untrue.  It's insane, and if you'd asked me 9 years ago whether someone could behave in such a spiteful and frankly pathetic manner over a few bits of plastic, I'd have laughed you out of here.  Now I know better, borne from bitter experience.

8 years later, and I still have no clue what the trigger for it all was with "mental patient zero", and he's never once seen fit to tell me, despite having seen him at several shows over the years.  I dislike confrontation as much as the next man, and due to my health am less well able to defend myself physically than might have been the case a decade ago, but none of them have the balls to tell me what it is I'm supposed to have done to them, but they're more than happy to spin their lies to anyone else that will listen.  I guarantee you they're all going to be reading this, so how about you contact me with your grievances?  Surely you owe me this after all this time.  It might be cathartic :)

I suspect that reading about mental conditions such as psychopathy and sociopathy might yield some clues, but I'm no psychiatrist, so I don't know.  Anyway - if you were being attacked in a random manner for no gain other than the spiteful disruption of your not-for-profit site, who would you suspect?  Random Russian hacking groups? :hmmm:

• Like 13