777 decals

tipper

Hello folks!

I have my eye on Revell's 777 but I'd really like to get an aftermarket decal sheet for it. As this is only going to be my 2nd airliner build, I'd like to ask you fine gents/ladies which brand to get. I'd prefer a sheet with windows which would eliminate masking those teeny ones that come with the kit. Recommendations please...

TIA!

Tipper

I had 1/144 777 200/300 windows and doors decals custom printed by Cartograph many years ago... I never sold many of them, wouldn't know how to get them to you...

Edited by galaxygirl

I've checked the big H, but just got confused because of the different variants. I just need to know if a particular sheet fits the Revell/Zvezda kit & if it has window decals. Not too particular which airline. Thanks again!

Jessica

I'm sorry - there is a lot available so let me narrow it down a bit. Among the sheets available from H, which ones fit my criteria? 

Galaxygirl

Thanks for the offer but I live in the Philippines & postage might cost an arm & a leg...

Most of the ones I listed will have window decals (I would actually be very surprised if any actually didn't, apart from the freighters). Take a look at the links I gave you, and see which option strikes your fancy, then either purchase it directly from the supplier, or find it on the Hannants site.

The Revell/Zvezda 777 is the -300 version. The earlier Minicraft kit is the -200. As long as the decals are for the 777-300 they should fit the Revell kit. The second part of the aircraft designation (which relates to the customer who originally ordered the aircraft) needs to begin with 3. For example 26 Decals have TAAG Angola Airlines for both kits. For Revell you want the sheet for "777-3M2ER"; for Minicraft it's "777-2M2ER". Their sheet for KLM is described as "777-206/306ER" so it covers both versions. 

Hi Tipper

I've used all the makes of decals mentioned by Jess and others so far on my civil builds - they are pretty much all of a similar / equally good quality can cover a very wide range of liveries of triple sevens in total.

There are some great new decal options showing pilots in 3d form etc but for me when it came down to the absolute crunch, I found 26 Decals to be the best as they replaced a very large A380 set for free and on a next business day post service for free, when I mutilated my original set of 26 decals.