1/48 Mosquito B Mk IV "Highball"

Just finished my entry to the De Havilland mega build. It is a De Havilland Mosquito B Mk IV 'Highball' aircraft. The Highball was a bouncing bomb which was to be used against shipping but was never implemented.

Done1_zps44rpmxlx.jpg

Done2_zpszkyrpx0z.jpg

Done3_zpsgdndqaz3.jpg

Done4_zpsd7ikrhqc.jpgDone5_zpsllqb7ee8.jpg

Done6_zpsk4tkanul.jpg

Done7_zps9zbqqh2p.jpg

Done8_zpsjq8ucsxf.jpg

Cheers

Mick

• Like 34

That`s a beauty Mick,.....really nice indeed.

I intend to do an operational one with 4 bladed props and an arrester hook, based in OZ.... hope it turns out as well as yours has,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks all

Tony - I am sure yours will come out well. The conversion is pretty straightforward although the Aussie based version needs more work with the extra bits and you don't need to make up six stack exhausts for the outboard ones. The only hassle I had with the conversion set was cutting the huge pour stubs off the bombs and bomb bay fairing - especially the fairing! Cut it off a bit at a time and leave some on and then file it off or you can lose some of the shape of the fairing. With the bombs it is not so critical as only about half the bomb can be seen, when installed.

Mick

• Like 1

Thanks Thom

Incidentally if anyone is interested I will be displaying it at Milton Keynes on Sunday, on the IPMS Salisbury Table.

Mick

Edited by MickE