Lightning F6 XS928

Finished this a little while ago but forgot to post the photos. Airfix 1/48 Lightning F6 finished as XS928 'AD' 5Sqn March 87. Extra's used include a True Details cockpit, Eduard etch set and a few scratch built bits. Decals from various sources including a few home made ones.

I had been wanting to build 928 as it was the last Lightning I had the pleasure of working on before I was posted out of Binbrook in March 87 as the station started to wind down.

Me in the cockpit of 928 just before towing it out to the line.

001_zps60b6652e.jpg

DSC00687%201a_zps9yzqoqgz.jpg

DSC00672%201a_zpszrji6uvd.jpg

DSC00682%201a_zps56walr08.jpg

DSC00678%201edited_zpsvrfo9mrh.jpg

DSC00686%201a_zpsbxhxxpvu.jpg

DSC00680%201a_zpsovtqmbsa.jpg

Edited by Scarlet
  • Like 54

That's beautiful, love the Lightning in this scheme and I like the subtle colour variations you've got in your finish.

Lovely work

Eng

• Like 1

Hello,Scarlet - Nostalgic in every way,from your photo in the cockpit at Binbrook to the beautifully built,finished and detailed model of this iconic aircraft.I love the Lightning - and I love yours.Great work indeed.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Unusual to see a Mk. 6 with Firestreaks on; I assume from the colour that they're ex-RAF Germany stock.

The low strong sun and white cloth make for a very wintry look to your photos, very nice but makes me want to get back to the Line hut.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stever219 said:

Unusual to see a Mk. 6 with Firestreaks on; I assume from the colour that they're ex-RAF Germany stock.

The low strong sun and white cloth make for a very wintry look to your photos, very nice but makes me want to get back to the Line hut.

Firestick were Green whilst I was at Binbrook the Redtops had green wings and fins too.

• Like 1