242 Squadron Hurricane Mk I - Willie McKnight

I've just completed Italeri's Hurricane Mk I.  Loads of improvements, alterations and scratchbuilding, but it's done. Paint is Tamiya's acrylics (custom mix for the dark earth), Mix of kit and IPMS Canada "Canadian Aces" decals, and weathered with oils and pastels.

Hope you enjoy ...

Colin

1_zpsq9uufbej.jpg

BarklowMcKnight02_zpslqgbxsuo.jpg

Image2_zpslxbh4f69.jpg

Image5_zpsury0cplz.jpg

44%20gal%20tanks%20airwaves_zpsr7c1icnb.

Image9_zpsddclzdc3.jpg

Image6_zpsonh7itp7.jpg

Image8_zpsi5rx0pau.jpg

mcknight_hurricane_zpsuzj0zkea.jpg

Image4_zpslidm6e3k.jpg

• Like 48

Apart from the dizzy fit of the engine cowling, it is a great kit and you've been paying him justice! Nice work indeed.

Great effort, but I have to ask, why did you paint the demarcation line on the engine between the camouflage colours and sky higher than the original?

1_zpsq9uufbej.jpg

BarklowMcKnight02_zpslqgbxsuo.jpg

I know it is a small detail, but you had the information how it was on the original.

Cheers, Peter

There are no photos of McKnights lower nose that I know of. The references I had seemed to indicate a possibly higher demarcation line, while the photo is of McKnight and Bader in front of Bader's machine (note the black spinner)

There doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule as to the demarcation line at that time, some on the panel line, some above, and some WAY above!

Even the kit and decal manufacturers are split ...

Bader_zpsg1p2lr1i.jpg

Townsend_zpslktgvx6o.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tail-Dragon said:

There are no photos of McKnights lower nose that I know of. The references I had seemed to indicate a possibly higher demarcation line, while the photo is of McKnight and Bader in front of Bader's machine (note the black spinner)

There doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule as to the demarcation line at that time, some on the panel line, some above, and some WAY above!

Even the kit and decal manufacturers are split ...

Thanks for your explanation. Oops, sorry, I assumed that the picture was of the aircraft you made the model of - I guess you should never assume ;)

Cheers, Peter