Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
Mike

Oopsie!
Server wobbles

Hi all,

We've had a couple of server issues this last few days - you might have noticed we were down for an hour or so earlier in the week, and this morning she went down while I was fast asleep (get your minds out of the gutter!).  I've carried out a fix that worked last time, and let Support know to do their bit in the background.  We know what is happening, but the why is still being tracked down, as the initial explanation was clearly not quite right.

Thanks to everyone that reported it from the Contact form - I've never seen so many of them in one go! :lol: I'll have a read in a minute, as I kind of knew the general jist would be "I can't get in!".  Servers, eh? :rolleyes:

4 people like this

Yep - everyone was mentioning the same error code.  I think we've now got a database of the early risers too! :lol:

Thankfully its back now.

I might have been going to church

Bed

Llangollen

The garage to paint a1/72 scale Wessex

;)

Any or none of these is possible

Thanks for getting it sorted Mike

1 person likes this

Yes, thank you, Sir!

My prayers were answered.

I mean, early Sunday morning,

a nice cup of green tea, choccy bikky,

and no britmodeller? outrageous!

I had to go to an American site! The horror!

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yes, thank you, Sir!

My prayers were answered.

I mean, early Sunday morning,

a nice cup of green tea, choccy bikky,

and no britmodeller? outrageous!

I had to go to an American site! The horror!

The horrors of coming to America!  I don't know how you were able to survive Pete; those colonials and their outmoded, backword ways!  Good thing I live in Texas. 

3 people like this

:lol: you're a silly lot ;)  We've got Support running a monitoring script on it at the moment, just to ensure that if it happens again, we'll know what caused it.  Their last report was that the affected area was behaving itself, so let's hope that continues.  It really is worth having such a good Host when it comes to issues like this :thumbsup:

3 people like this

Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but it's running awfully slow currently :\

16 minutes ago, cathasatail said:

Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but it's running awfully slow currently :\

Same here, and I'm on Virgin mega-fast cable.

Yes, BM has been running very slow for me over the last couple of weeks but I thought it was just my PC. The load more activity button seems to hang for an age before it refreshes.   Glad to hear that it's not just me then.

Mike

1 person likes this

Yes, the reload has been slow. Mike needs to get some more sunflower seeds for the hamster.

Well its bound to be slow init i mean think about it , We got people all over the world now 

So when somebody logs on in Oz  it slows it down like :coolio:

Cos its got to send all the thingys and bits and bobs  over there and that takes power like  :hmmm:

So it slows it down cos it working harder  see 

Simples when you fink bout it :rolleyes:  :bangin:

Clever  things these puters and the whole wide webby thingy  :winkgrin:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Slow at Work and slow at Home 

Chin up mate! No need to put yourself down like that.:D

Mart

3 people like this

15 minutes ago, LotusArenco said:

Chin up mate! No need to put yourself down like that.:D

Mart

Touche :coolio:

1 hour ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

So when somebody logs on in Oz  it slows it down like :coolio:

Cos its got to send all the thingys and bits and bobs  over there and that takes power like  :hmmm:

So it slows it down cos it working harder  see 

It's the inversion of the electrons that takes the time.  Australian electrons are diametrically opposed to electrons from the northern hemisphere, and without inversion the website pages would disappear when they crossed the equator line. :smartass:

There's another update lurking, so I might install that this week, and see whether that cures the sloth, and no I don't mean Dave :dunce:

Its not the inversion its because  our electrons are far superior to their  electrons (pickled in  Castlemaine  xxxx)

Please bear in mind that Dave is our technology testing luddite, so anything he knows about the internet can be written in crayon on the back of a hydrogen atom ^_^

Wots a Technology Testing Luddite?? sounds cool  :winkgrin:

Don,t forget the boss is home Sat 

We had another little wobble around lunch time, but we're back again.  I'm about to apply the latest update to the software, as it was released very soon after the last one, which makes me wonder if it was designed to fix an issue of their own creating.  If I go to support with the issue they'd only insist I applied the update anyway, so that's what I'm going to do in advance of taking it further.

Stand by for a little disruption in a few minutes.  Every time I do this I fully intend to wait a while so that everyone can see my post warning of it, and then I get bored waiting and do it anyway :wicked:  Sorry! ^_^

:jelly:  Here's a wobble for you. :bleh:

See?  Told you I'd get bored ^_^ That didn't take long, did it?  I've preemptively cleared the caches too, just in case, but let's see what this new version brings to the party, and take it from there.  if we're still experiencing sloth we'll get back to Support and see what we can do to fix it :)

11 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

:jelly:  Here's a wobble for you. :bleh:

That's jolly nice of you Frank.  It's a shame it's not Strawberry. :shrug:

I don't select the emoticons, I just post them. :talktothehand:

That one's supposed to mean Jelly = jealous, which is why it's green.  How do I know?  I made it, but I think it's only me wot gets it :(

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

That one's supposed to mean Jelly = jealous, which is why it's green.  How do I know?  I made it, but I think it's only me wot gets it :(

Not now.