45th Annversary flights!

Wow!  45 years ago to the day, April 16th 1972, is when I flew in these two charming little aeroplanes.  Tiger Moth G-ACDC and Piper PA-18 Super Cub G-AVPT  The location was Redhill aerodrome and the weather wasn't unlike this weekend as I recall.   The pilot was a Ken Smith of the TIger Club who I had met one day and we talked models. The flights came about as an agrrement that I would build him a couple models for a single flight but the bonus on the day was a 12 minute trip in the Super Cub. which was preceded about a half hour earlier in the Tiger Moth. So, as an anniversary special I present once again two builds one very recent as you will recognise and the other from a few months back  representing 'CDc and 'VPT in 1/72nd

IMG_1809%20-%20Copy_zpsml9erjs8.jpg

IMG_1810%20-%20Copy_zpsb15tqisd.jpg

IMG_1811_zpsysbwaivc.jpg

IMG_1812_zpsd1yitmsn.jpg

IMG_1813%20-%20Copy_zpsh2pbksin.jpg

IMG_1814_zpsumxdzxo6.jpg

IMG_1815_zpsfhgsgiwt.jpg

IMG_1816_zpsb294bke0.jpg

Happy Easter everyone!

• Like 18

Hi all. And thanks for kind comments.   The Tiger is of course the new tool Airfix kit and the Piper Cub is by AZ Models The civvy reg from my decal bank and the trim is in the kit decals for the civilian issue of the kit.

Have a nice Easter weekend all!!

• Like 1

Hi Paul:

Wonderful pair and congratulations for your aniversary of flight, without a doubt scale modeling is recreating history in small scale and nice both models you did are part of a happy and joyful history as yours.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso