1:72 Grumman/General Dynamics F-111B "Beta Tomcat"

Navy Bird

Not sure if anyone is interested but I had to pop into the city Metro Hobbies store in Melbourne at lunch. This branch is closing down and is having a clearing sale. They still have a store in Box Hill. The city store is the old VHC mentioned in this thread.

The reason for this post is that while rummaging through their decal sheets which are marked 50% off, I bumped into the 1/72 F111B Pete's Hanger conversion. They must have found one in the back rooms while clearing up. I know it's quite rare but I'm only really interested in F11!C's and G's.

There web site is here -

https://metrohobbies.com.au/

The item doesn't seem to show up in their web site which I'm not surprised about but if you're keen, you could probably email (or phone them if you're in Australia)

The shop closes Sep 1 and I guess this item will get sent to their other store if not sold by then.

Cheers

Michael

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The resin set is long out of production, and the gentleman in Australia who produced it has passed away. What became of the masters I don't know. I made a few resin copies of the nose, and if you PM me with your details, we can work out some way to get you one.

Cheers,

Bill