Hawker Hurricane Mk. II Trop by HobbyBoss 1/72

Just finished another Easy Assembly Kit by HobbyBoss. This time the Hurricane. Decided on the India 1944 option, that was provided with the kit. Fast and straightforward as usual with nice detail. Only issue was the canopy, which left a gap - guess I have to close that with white glue or something. The model is relatively heavy (due to the wing and fuselage being mainly solid cast pieces. I'm sure this won't be my last Easy Assembly Kit!

dsc04416.jpg

dsc04417.jpg

dsc04418.jpg

dsc04419.jpg

• Like 30

The more I see HB Easy Assembly kits built (cf Steve's D 520 elsewhere in this RFI section), the more I like them!

I really enjoy your build!

JR

• Like 2

A great looking Hurricane.  I've always liked this scheme.  I have yet to build an HB easy kit but, like Jean, I'm very tempted after seeing this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jean said:

The more I see HB Easy Assembly kits built (cf Steve's D 520 elsewhere in this RFI section), the more I like them!

I really enjoy your build!

JR

Thanks, I find them pretty good. They have more or less all the detail that other kits have and are a much quicker build. So, if you are not one of the people who especially love filling seams, sanding and filing and are a bit more into painting (like me) these are an option. An if one wanted one could even add detail to the rudimentary cockpits.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

A great looking Hurricane.  I've always liked this scheme.  I have yet to build an HB easy kit but, like Jean, I'm very tempted after seeing this. 

Thanks, just try one. At the price one can't go wrong. Plus the decals by HobbyBoss seem to get better and better. Those are applied to a flat coat with only Mr. Surfacer. No silvering so far. They are a bot like older Airfix decals just better print.

Edited by Cheezburger
spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cheezburger said:

Thanks, just try one. At the price one can't go wrong. Plus the deals by HobbyBoss seem to get better and better. Those are applied to a flat coat with only Mr. Surfacer. No silvering so far. They are a bot like older Airfix decals just better print.

I think I will.  I've had my eye on their '109 family and the Spitfire VB with Aboukir filter for a while.

• Like 2

Hi Cheezburger:

Congratulations for this nice build, I liked a lot the chosen scheme and the nice light weathering you have applied, and am very happy to try a great finish as you did.

I was thinking in get one onf these to build the black nightfighter, have some Airfix series I and  2, Academy and Revell but reading all the comments here, makes me think that it seem this is the right kit for a wonderful quick build!!!

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

On 17.4.2017 at 6:23 AM, Luis Alfonso said:

Hi Cheezburger:

Congratulations for this nice build, I liked a lot the chosen scheme and the nice light weathering you have applied, and am very happy to try a great finish as you did.

I was thinking in get one onf these to build the black nightfighter, have some Airfix series I and  2, Academy and Revell but reading all the comments here, makes me think that it seem this is the right kit for a wonderful quick build!!!

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Thanks for the flowers! I look forward to see your nightfighter. I still remember the 1980's boxtop of the old Revell Hurricane which showed the all black finish. That should look quite smart!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cheezburger said:

Thanks for the flowers! I look forward to see your nightfighter. I still remember the 1980's boxtop of the old Revell Hurricane which showed the all black finish. That should look quite smart!

Hi Cheezburger!!!

Who can forget the Blue box with this nice little model flying in that wonderful black dress!!!!...and really look quite smart as you said. One day I was thinking inlook this same box in Ebay,maybe some people have one for me. On Saturday will look what Hobbyboss models have the local Hobby Shop,  and if they have this one,  its mine!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1