PATTON GOES TO WAR (VIETNAM) M48A3 PATTON TAMIYA-FINISHED (ADDED SOME REAL PHOTOS)

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:53, Oliver70 said:

Well, what can you say. Another job well done, Francis! A fantastic choice of weathering and 'field maintenance', methinks.

I have to admit that I initially had my worries how the vinyl tracks would turn out (maybe you remember) but they're as lifelike as can be.

Also thanks a lot for that excellent reference photos.

Cheers, what a fabulous beast. Congratulations. :thumbsup: Hope to see another work from you in the near future.

Many thanks for your kind comments and your like, i'm glad you like it mate, well, if I remember the vinyl tracks, and you were absolutely right, they will always be better link to link (some models are really good, and especially easy to mount, although tedious ...) and if they are metal. ..the paradise ... lol.
I recently found a site that has kits of tracks in plastic with a good price, and I find it comfortable to buy them, so I'm going to buy one for M48-M60 and another for M46-M47 ...
Although it may not improve substantially with the M48, because if it had at least saggy parts, although with the M47 the same, the quality of the plastic is very bad for the passage of time (and the original quality ...), I fear that any day collapse ...
I think it's worth it, even if they are worth almost as much as the kits ... sigh.
And is that when opening the box of the kit, it is not guaranteed that it will be "great", if you add that they are cheap kits, I find it difficult to buy add-ons to finely stay in the closet ... of course , Which once finished, the conception of the finished model, for me, changes completely ... being very simple to choose to buy an add-on ... or throw it in the bin ...

Soon I will have more time, and I will be able to do something new, although I do not know why to decide ...

Cheers Oliver :cheers:

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 00:32, James B said:

Wow. Really lifelike, not just the weathering, but the entire setup and paint job too. Thank you for sharing.

Many thanks for yours kind comments, i´m glad you like it, I'd love to see some of your model.

Cheers James :D

On 14.7.2017 at 20:23, FrancisGL said:

Soon I will have more time, and I will be able to do something new, although I do not know why to decide ...

Thank you for that reply, Francis. I am completely with you when it comes to add-ons. You pointed it out pretty well, I think. :cheers:

Anyway, when you decide to start a new kit, I'm pretty sure you will have quite a lot of spectators by now. ^_^

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:17, Oliver70 said:

Thank you for that reply, Francis. I am completely with you when it comes to add-ons. You pointed it out pretty well, I think. :cheers:

Anyway, when you decide to start a new kit, I'm pretty sure you will have quite a lot of spectators by now. ^_^

You're very kind, knowing that I have your interest, gives meaning to belong to a fórum.

Cheers Oliver :cheers:

• 2 years later...
On 06/10/2019 at 16:49, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Superb and very mature work, Francis! Exceptional level of the details. The rolled up net and weathering are awesome. 🥳

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, Now maybe I would have done something better, or not ... but definitely now I think IMHO has improved.
The grid is handmade, with the homemade materials I had at that time, if I remember correctly it is "mosquito net", easy and cheap ... lol.

Cheers Nikolay. 👍

• Thanks 1