PATTON GOES TO WAR (VIETNAM) M48A3 PATTON TAMIYA-FINISHED (ADDED SOME REAL PHOTOS)

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:31, PlaStix said:

Great job Francis! It really does look superb! Brilliant detailing and weathering. Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thx for your like. follow and kind comments, i'm glad you like it, cheers Stix :D

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 12:58, phildagreek said:

Francis that is very smart! As others have already said, you've done a cracking job with it, the weathering / dirt is superb.

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, cheers Phil :D

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:52, Badder said:

Superb job Francis. I can't fault it. The weathering is spot on, not overdone, and the mud and dirt is fantastic.

Rearguards

Badder.

Many thanks for your kind comments, i.m glad you like it, cheers Badder :cheers:

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 15:56, builder52 said:

Hello companion, still a superb realization which you made there :goodjob:

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, salutes companion, :cheers:

11 hours ago, Kris B said:

Nice work, good decision to not overload the vehicle with the stowage. 

Thanks for your kind comments, i,m glad you like it, It is a dilemma that arises when you are at that point of the assembly, fill it with sacks and backpacks, or something more subtle. I always opt for the second, because all the work done before, is lost under "tons" of equipment ...

Cheers Kris :D

22 hours ago, Blaubar said:

That's a pretty badass tank depiction. I like the shot with the info panels, as if it were in a museum^^.

Many thanks for your like follow and kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

The photo with "a little information", I came to see a Google image, with Photoshop, change the drawing of the M48, for a photo of my M48 in a similar position, and I was adding the letters ... and " Voilá ".

Cheers Blaubar :D

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 13:22, PhilHendry said:

Looks great, with its red dusty, dirty, appearance - just like the newsreel footage I remember.

Many thanks for like and your kind comments,

You have reminded me that I should have included some real photo of the vehicle, commenting on the newsreel footage (I already did it with the M109G also in Vietnam), so after a search, I found 3 very appropriate, that I have included them in the beginning of the post in case you are interested in seeing them.
Cheers Phil :D

• Like 1

Francis a fantastic job , I really love the red earth effect and the dusty look carrying the same tones .Exactly how I imagine it to look if  it was right there in Vietnam . 

" Charlie don't surf ! " 

:mg:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sonofjim said:

Francis a fantastic job , I really love the red earth effect and the dusty look carrying the same tones .Exactly how I imagine it to look if  it was right there in Vietnam . 

" Charlie don't surf ! " 

:mg:

Many thanks for your kind comments, the dusty effect can be compared to the last 3 real photos (which I include in the posts from the M109G in Vietnam), and is that being a "modern" model seems a good idea, because the photos of the real model being a Color, give a good idea of if I have managed to "replicate" the original machine.

Cheeers sonofjim :D

• Like 1