PATTON GOES TO WAR (VIETNAM) M48A3 PATTON TAMIYA-FINISHED (ADDED SOME REAL PHOTOS)

Hi Pals,

I finish working with this model. I have seen that it is a fairly simple kit, without major problems for assembly, with very good instructions.

The tracks, are the originals, which although vinyl and not the best option, are "Tamiya", which is always a guarantee of quality, and have been very easy to assemble (they are wide and with 4 points of union instead of 2).

I have chosen not to overload with extra equipment the vehicle, because it is in question to choose between there is a lot of equipment or lose the painting / detailed work underneath (detail cast, weathering ...).

I have improved as much as possible, without complicating myself too much, some details of the kit, such as crystals for the periscopes, and the knobs of the boxes of spare parts, that I had spare in my box of pieces ...

Still, I added something extra besides what the kit brings, crates boxes, ammo boxes, backpack, several, and wire roll.

Although this is an old kit, modestly I think you could still get a good result, (I am reasonably happy with it),

I have chosen to make the Marine version in Vietnam.

I thank you all the fellows of the forum who have accompanied me in the assembly process and encouraged me with their comments to improve / continue.

I include a link to the WIP section, in case someone is interested in seeing the post.

MNclEmN.jpg

mV1VPZi.jpg

evZS3RD.jpg

UXh4bF7.jpg

xZw2jP5.jpg

MVJbPoj.jpg

fusG3rf.jpg

9GWXG3X.jpg

WXfLFx9.jpg

IjhKM0x.jpg

XL35mO9.jpg

oWPFSmo.jpg

SyBMYgu.jpg

sX4sNkK.jpg

K6FZlSS.jpg

WhXV7l4.jpg

Some shots details...

aID2i9w.jpg

EhlUObn.jpg

jWwGxbf.jpg

0ctpuLg.jpg

And a bit of information...

Ho9gb35.jpg

And I add some photos that I found in Google, very appropriate IHMO I think, of course only for information and with all rights for its legitimate authors.

MQ1bL1S.jpg

PVZU6Xo.jpg

Xqj9MkV.jpg

This is in the assault of Hue ...

Thx to all for watch and comment, cheers mates :D

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 42

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 09:10, Reini78 said:

great work, now it needs a fitting dio!

:thumbsup:

Thx for your kind comments, you're quite right, I'd like to make a diorama, but unfortunately I have no room ...:rage:.

Cheers Reini :D

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:06, Bullbasket said:

It turned out really well Francis. Now all it needs is a suitable base and a couple of "grunts" standing beside it.

John.

Thx for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, you're right, a base it would be great,but I have no room, with the grunts, I would not have that problem, but unfortunately, with the figures I do not have enough skill (for now, I hope ...), especially in the faces ...

Cheers John :D

On 18/4/2017 at 17:18, AgentG said:

That is exactly what I remember. 

Marvelous work sir.

G

Coming from someone who really saw them, it is a magnificent compliment, i'm glad you like it, thx for your kind comment, cheers G. :D