Russian KV-1 (Trumpeter 1:35)

3 hours ago, Basilisk said:

I blink and at the next look the paint is on :clap2:and looking great too.

Cheers, Peter

Haha - Thanks Peter :)  Lots of wheels to do yet. I'm heading out on the bike for a few hours this morning but I should find some time this afternoon (if the wife doesn't have other plans! :whistle: )  

On 22 May 2017 at 2:35 PM, PlaStix said:

Great to see the paint on Nigel! You are storming ahead with this one. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

It's a bit stop-and-start Stix but moving in the right direction ;)

Well done on getting the paint on all the wheels - although I have no sympathy - I've got that x3!!! Probably just means I'm a bit :mental:

Hope you have a good Bank Holiday Weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Well done on getting the paint on all the wheels - although I have no sympathy - I've got that x3!!! Probably just means I'm a bit :mental:

Hope you have a good Bank Holiday Weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Haha - I hope the medication kicks in soon ;)

You too Stix!! 

8 hours ago, Basilisk said:

The joy of building tanks :P

Cheers, Peter

Not sure I'd agree with the word 'joy'! :whistle: 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2017 at 7:38 PM, Hewy said:

I like the metallic  effect you have achieved on the wheels nigel 

Glynn

Thanks Glynn, I dry-brushed the outer rims to try and achieve the worn-off pain look. Hope the end result will be OK.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:04 PM, PlaStix said:

Looking rather good with all the wheels on and lovely weathering effects too. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix, I made an acrylic wash for the wheels to see how to would come out. More experimenting planned :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Looks like both your dry-brushing and acrylic washes worked very well :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

Thank you Peter - It's all a bit hit and miss so glad it looks ok :D

After dry fitting the rubber tracks, I've decided to go with the plastic tracks. This has resulted in having to remove a LOT of ejection marks (there are two marks on every single-piece too!). One side done - One side to go :banghead:

34967902586_f3e64934e5_o.jpg

34844308682_f220868e1a_o.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

The tracks are hanging much better than rubber one ever could good choice,even with the extra work,

Glynn

Thank Glynn, The moulding was OK but they just did not sit right. Plastic all the way (if metal ones not to hand :wink: )

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Good work on the tracks Nigel. It's well worth the effort to get rid of any ejection marks. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix! Fully agree. Just glad I didn't have to 'fill and file' like you did. Think I would have ended up with bald patches! :worry:

• Like 2

Conscious that my MIB entry is starting from the pits, I cracked on with this build and she's now complete. Hope you like her!!

Thanks to the hosts for the GB and to those who provided company throughout the build - Much appreciated :thanks: 

Cheers

Nigel 

34239550493_659342a0fb_o.jpg

34918368321_cebdd12d96_o.jpg

34918371901_65548bbc12_o.jpg

34918370011_4789b6efdb_o.jpg

34239555463_2fcdb72c52_o.jpg

• Like 2

I like it nigel, very nicely built example not over weatherd,almost factory fresh with just a couple of months dry use, i think thats a believable pattina you've  achieved , good job

Glynn

• Like 1

Great looking KV-1 Nigel. I am very impressed with all the different metallic effects you have achieved. Wonderful stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can I just mention that the photos here and in the gallery look great but that your RFI ones look stretched on my iPad and phone? Might just be my stuff that's at fault but thought I would let you know in case.

Kind regards,

Stix

6 hours ago, Hewy said:

I like it nigel, very nicely built example not over weatherd,almost factory fresh with just a couple of months dry use, i think thats a believable pattina you've  achieved , good job

Glynn

Thanks Glynn, there is a lot of trial-and-error with a sprinkling of luck so glad she's turned out OK :) 

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Great looking KV-1 Nigel. I am very impressed with all the different metallic effects you have achieved. Wonderful stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can I just mention that the photos here and in the gallery look great but that your RFI ones look stretched on my iPad and phone? Might just be my stuff that's at fault but thought I would let you know in case.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix, every build brings another lesson and as I've mentioned, a lot of luck ;)  I used the same photo links for both threads so scratching my head as to the issue . Hopefully a blip that will sort itself out but appreciate the heads up :) 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 2:02 AM, Basilisk said:

Very nice indeed Nigel. I like the subtle weathering you done resulting in a great looking model. :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

Thank you Peter - And thanks again for a great GB :D 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2017 at 7:42 PM, wimbledon99 said:

Thank you Peter - And thanks again for a great GB :D 

It was great having you here - and there is still time to build another kit ;)

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1