Meng WW1 British 1/35th Mark V

Quite a quick build for me, bought it at Huddersfield in February. Goes together very nicely, no snags apart from the snap together tracks which don't (thanks BlackMax12 for the heads up). Overall colour is Vallejo Green Ochre, weathered with oils, Mig pigments & dry brushing. I'm quite pleased how it's turned out.

Any comments & observations welcome.

Pete

20170414_120256_zps7clpf4ml.jpg

20170414_120138_zps9f9s4k5c.jpg

20170414_120114_zpsivxtkryj.jpg

20170414_120101_zpszevblcyw.jpg

20170414_120047_zps0zxixlxt.jpg

• Like 16

Looking really good Buzby, not as filthy as mine but just the right amount of weathering.  That's something I've never been able to do is un-weather a model if I go too far.

Looks like you beat those tracks into submission too, they take some coaxing and a few choice words but look good in the end.  I put one side on backwards on my female MKV and the air was pretty blue as I had glued them together and they were really fun to get off and install correctly.  They should be made to fit only one way for simpletons.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Looking really good Buzby, not as filthy as mine but just the right amount of weathering.  That's something I've never been able to do is un-weather a model if I go too far.

Looks like you beat those tracks into submission too, they take some coaxing and a few choice words but look good in the end.  I put one side on backwards on my female MKV and the air was pretty blue as I had glued them together and they were really fun to get off and install correctly.  They should be made to fit only one way for simpletons.

Take care,

Lloyd

You can't make something idiot proof as someone will always build a better idiot. 

Cheers

Pete

Thanks for your kind comments guys. 

I did an Emhar Mk IV a few years ago & virtually threw mud at it. When I looked at it before I made this I thought I'd overdone it (a lot) so tried to suppress my weathering urges with the Mk V.

Pete

Lovely build there. Everything looks spot on. Fantastic weathering. Really love how you've done your tracks.

I've got the Emhar  female to build. The kit isn't as nice as your meng but I suppose you get what you pay for. Hopefully I can make mine half decent. Any tips for me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cromwell said:

Lovely build there. Everything looks spot on. Fantastic weathering. Really love how you've done your tracks.

I've got the Emhar  female to build. The kit isn't as nice as your meng but I suppose you get what you pay for. Hopefully I can make mine half decent. Any tips for me?

Thanks Cromwell. 

The Emhar kit goes together reasonably well, a lot of but joints but that's no surprise, it was the only game in town at the time. The thing that really lets it down is the tracks. I got a resin set from Accurate Armour which were no problem but I believe Takom do a set of workable tracks now.

MkIV067.jpg

Pete

• Like 1