HELP - Airbrush Cleaning Pot - A Beginners Question

BIG X

I have just acquired an airbrush set up from Little Cars - which included an airbrush cleaning pot.  I understand what it is for & how to use it - BUT...

mzOLrSyejbxBQy5uDLihq0w.jpg

Obviously it is going to get dirty & being a "clean freak" - I wondered do I put anything inside to either ABSORB the paint / cleaner such as some kitchen tissue OR further dilute the paint / cleaner such as water.  I will be spraying with acrylics.

Any advice would be appreciated - or if I'm just being a wuss - please let me know :)

Oh & Happy Easter Modelling

Steve

Steve, 

Two things that I know people put in it.

Water, then the paint its on the top and you pour it all out..... but that will get the pot dirty very quickly.

Of scrumpled up kitchen paper, which is removed after each session. Some stuff will build up over time, but there is less to do if you want to clean it.

I suspect most people would  just put it back in the plastic case and put it in the cupboard !

Paul

• Like 1

1 minute ago, little-cars said:

Steve, 

Two things that I know people put in it.

Water, then the paint its on the top and you pour it all out..... but that will get the pot dirty very quickly.

Of scrumpled up kitchen paper, which is removed after each session. Some stuff will build up over time, but there is less to do if you want to clean it.

I suspect most people would  just put it back in the plastic case and put it in the cupboard !

Paul

Cheers Paul - I am scrumpling as we speak :)

the pot itself will not get dirty (or at least is very easy to clean, being made of glass), what gets dirty is the plastic `screen' underneath the lid and the opening itself.

This is a little difficult to clean, I use cotton buds soaked in thinner from time to time,

best,

Christian.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cger said:

the pot itself will not get dirty (or at least is very easy to clean, being made of glass), what gets dirty is the plastic `screen' underneath the lid and the opening itself.

This is a little difficult to clean, I use cotton buds soaked in thinner from time to time,

best,

Christian.

Thanks Christian - I will check that tonight.

I gave mine a double purpose. I use the outside to test my setup, constantly spraying random colours on.  So I don't see when the inside gets dirty. :idea:

I don't care of what's going on in there. Why would I? It's a tool to clean another tool. So if I need yet another tool to clean that tool what tool would I clean that with...? Not worth my time.

Oh dear, I just let mine get dirty!

Mine was much cheaper than I expected as it was supplied from a beauty supplies rather than a model trader!

Cheers 

Will