SAAB J29F (1/48), Pilot Replicas

Latest off the bench and I don't remember actually seeing one of these made up on here before, is the Pilot Replicas, SAAB J29F Tunnan. In the markings of 1 Staffel, Jabogeschwader, Linz Horsching, Austria.

The kit is not cheap BUT .... it goes together like a dream and feels top quality in every aspect.  Would I do another.........................YES !!!!

Anyway on to the pic's. Hope you like it.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking

Dick

DPP_148_zpsvrfdmizz.jpg

DPP_147_zpsczbcdwtz.jpg

DPP_146_zpsg42htvfl.jpg

• Like 23

great work!

I think that is the first Austrian Tunnan I see here in 1/48 from Pilot Replicas!

:thumbsup:

by the way, they also promised a recce version, if I remember correctly!

i'd see to weahtering effect on certain panels,thos eone more exposed to the tough austiran weather, at least on upper surfaces and i think at least some black on the parts between the main wings and the mobiles parts is needed for give the effect of deepness-this aside clean model well built

Very nice , I have always liked the Tunnan you have certainly done it justice. Always wondered about the pilot replicas kit I think one of these will eventually find it's way into the collection.

Guy

Looks a bit too clean. I think it could use some dirt or exhaust staining or some such additions, but still a very nice looking build.  That ugly little airplane is growing on me.  I don't have one in the stash, but I think it's time.  It's always impressed me how since the start of the jet age the Swedes have with each generation of jet fighters managed to produce a top quality entry that's internationally competitive without bankrupting the treasury and that other countries want to buy.  Tunnan and Lansen, Draken, Viggen, Gripen.   

Many thanks for your kind comments and likes.

All my aircraft are clean. I have never got the hang of staining etc. so stick to what I know.

The model straight out of the box. If the nose looks a bit funny it might be the light when I took the pic's.

Dick

Edited by jenko