Hasegawa 1:72 Eurofighter

This is actually a completion from mid-2016, but I was just now getting around to adding it to my modelling blog. I thought I would post it here as well. 

This is the wonderful Hasegawa kit. Everything fits, detail is good generally, and assembly was very easy. Quite a bit better than the second Revell kit (I have but haven't yet built the new-tooled version). There is a cost penalty: Hasegawa runs around $38 at Sprue Bros and Revell runs around $14. 

I used the Xtradecal set for RAF anniversaries (72-230). The aircraft is in anniversary markings for 29 Squadron, based in Coningsby in 2015. One of the more attractive special schemes IMHO

Next up will be the specials for 11 and 45 Squadrons, and maybe even some Luftwaffe specials as well. One of those will use the new tool Revell kit. 

This is completed aircraft #467 (28 aircraft, 6 ordnance, 0 vehicle for 2016) completed in July 2016. 

DSC_0487_zpshhamrybc.jpg

DSC_0488_zps0zsbqgnx.jpg

• Like 13

A very nice looking Typhoon. The paintwork shows off its sleek lines beautifully.  I'm not normally one for anniversary schemes but this one looks great.  Thanks for the info regarding the kit.  Personally, I'd like to get this one but the price is prohibitive so will probably opt for the Revell offering.  About time Airfix announced a new tool in my opinion. 

I'd be up for an Airfix version, if only because the Revell ones seem to be so inconsistent in terms of molding. Plus their older tools deteriorate really quickly. I have a number of Eurofighters to complete, so we probably won't see an Airfix one until I finish that lineup...:(

Edited by Kevin Callahan

Good job. A couple of small observations though. The decking behind the ejection seat under the canopy should be matt black, and you've missed off the wingtip missile launchers. Those are permanently fitted to the aircraft, even display aircraft, and have the chaff dispenser fitted at the rear.