1/48th Special Hobby Wirraway- Finished

Thanks fella`s,.......well I`m calling this one done now, I`ve added the Vickers K Gun from the spares box;

DSCF0278_zpsn09gnxm4.jpg

DSCF0297_zpsc1c6b3ct.jpg

DSCF0285_zpsiawzlrcl.jpg

I`ll stick a RFI in later on,..... thanks ever so much for the encouragement fella`s and cheers to Ed for the Redroo instructions,

All the best

Tony

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Stunning result. You certainly have 'the gift' - and hand brushed too.

Where do you put them all?!

Trevor

Thanks Trevor,.......I have run out o room mate,..... my display cabinet is groaning at the seams,...... so I have to have a big think about what to do very soon!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonyot said:

Thanks Trevor,.......I have run out o room mate,..... my display cabinet is groaning at the seams,...... so I have to have a big think about what to do very soon!

Cheers

Tony

Exceptional build as always. And you were so worried about the finish; silly rabbit!  (Oops, an American idiom, sure hope it makes sense).  Looks good. As far as space goes, there is always ceilings and walls. I've seen models displayed on walls and there is something weirdly appealing about it. Or, most foolhardy of all, convince SWMBO another display cabinet would look just smashing in this corner. Tell her you've seen the trend being done in some sort of posh style magazine.  I am very fortunate as have lots of space so that isn't a concern right now. Now, on with the Malaysia build!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, georgeusa said:

Exceptional build as always. And you were so worried about the finish; silly rabbit!  (Oops, an American idiom, sure hope it makes sense).  Looks good. As far as space goes, there is always ceilings and walls. I've seen models displayed on walls and there is something weirdly appealing about it. Or, most foolhardy of all, convince SWMBO another display cabinet would look just smashing in this corner. Tell her you've seen the trend being done in some sort of posh style magazine.  I am very fortunate as have lots of space so that isn't a concern right now. Now, on with the Malaysia build!

Cheers George,

The thing is I only live in a small 2 up, 2 down terraced house and my huge cabinet already takes up an entire wall in the living room....while my stash is in the loft and I also have shelves full of built models in the cellar (neither of which I can get to at the moment!) so my lovely missus is already very patient with me! Here is the cabinet,..... the photo was taken just after it was built with a 1/32nd Corsair and Mustang and 48th scale Maryland, Vengeance an Corsair to provide scale,......it is now much fuller,....

cabinet2.jpg 

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1